I purchased the VSD-EX drive, the VSD breakout board, and BLD motor from you about a year ago while living in Mongolia. I have returned to the US and had some time to try and set this up on my test bench. I have read through all of the post and manuals and no luck getting the motor to rotate. This is a REV2 board. I am able to connect with the GD tools with no problems and I did a firmware update which worked with out a problem. I have checked and re-checked the wiring to the motor and nothing.

When I connect power to the board I get the solid blue light. I downloaded the motor config file for the 300 motor and when I hit test nothing happens for a 30 seconds and then the blue light blinks a couple of time and GD tools reports that no encoder counts occured.

If I reset the drive, the motor will rotate a few degrees in one direction and that is all. I can rotate the motor freely with or without power to the drive. If I rotate the motor by hand during the test GD tools reports that there is an encoder count that varies by how fast I turn it. I make one revoulution and I can get from app 4000 counts if I turn it slow to 300 counts if I rotate it faster.

I don't seem to have an issue with connections, I have power after the fues, a solid blue light. If I rotate the motor by hand the blue light goes out and the red light begins to blink. I am assuming that this indicates a count fault.

Any insight into what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Ragan