586,089 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Auto changers and Cones.

I don't own an IH Mill due to shipping cost (it would be like $2300 only in shipping). So I'm buying the exact Chinese model, and when I get the money I'll but Aaron's CNC Conversion Kit. The only problem I currently have, is that to get a true CNC solution you need and Automathic or at least a QuickChance Tool Post. The mill sold in Argentina, comes with an MT4 cone instead of an R8. But I would like to put an ISO30 cone. Has anyone any idea on how to do this, or if it's even remotelly possible?

The MT4 is a largish taper so you may be able to find an adapter to 30 taper. Try using Google to search for adapters. Sorry couldn't be any help. Keep us informed, JRouche....
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That would likely depend on what the manufacture in china has available. For the most part though I've only seen MT and R8.

As to a do it your self ISO 30 taper that woulld depend on available room with respect to the bearings. Since I don't own one of these mills I can't comment on the bearings. In any event doing a diy spindle is a non trivial matter. It certainly would be easy for a machine shop that is equiped for such things but I'm not sure about a modest shop.

If it was me I'd either look for a mill that comes with the taper I wanted or learn to live with R8. Of course you are a long way from the US where R8 is pretty much standard on small mills. The only other option I can see is a build it yourself spindle which is not something I'd reccomend without experience.

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by baldusi
    I don't own an IH Mill due to shipping cost (it would be like $2300 only in shipping). So I'm buying the exact Chinese model, and when I get the money I'll but Aaron's CNC Conversion Kit. The only problem I currently have, is that to get a true CNC solution you need and Automathic or at least a QuickChance Tool Post. The mill sold in Argentina, comes with an MT4 cone instead of an R8. But I would like to put an ISO30 cone. Has anyone any idea on how to do this, or if it's even remotelly possible?

aaron has the a kit to do just that i'm not shure of the cost but i have talked to him a couple of times about it.

What is the model number of the chinise version and where are you getting it?

Triump