586,111 active members*
3,652 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

servo 300 barfeed

Any body know how to use program call from the G105 line,I wrote a program to cut-off the end of a new bar, but the control wants to run it every cycle?and what about the min.retract, is there a way to have the push rod follow the stock,I can get it to back off a bit from a new bar,but then as the bar gets shorter the push rod has to travel back and forth(waste of time)what about pushing stock with the spindle running, is it possible?

Can you post the program (if it is not enormously long) so it is possible to see your sequence of commands?

This is just the cut-off & the sub for the top-cut program
    N7(c/o)
    G50S1500M8
    G0T0707
    G96S300M3
    G54
    X1.1Z.1
    Z-1.
    G1X.9F.003
    G0X1.1
    Z-.945
    G1X1.
    Z-1.R-.05
    X.2
    M36
    G97S500M3
    X-.02
    G0X1.1M9
    X6.Z6.
    T0700
    M1
    N105G105I1.3J1.K.5P700
    M37
    M99

O700(TOP CUT SUB)
    G50S1500M8
    G0T0707
    G96S300M3
    X1.1Z.05
    M36
    G1X-.02F.003
    G0X1.1M9
    X6.Z6.
    T0700
    M37
    M99

Positiverake
    From what I found the Haas bar feeder is called by g105
    but you need to enter the parameters for initial lenght ,
    part push lenght, and 1 more ,but i am not at the machine. pram #3001,3002,3003
    as for following the stock,the retract pramameter controls this, have tried it, not a good idea with this feeder as it will sag and catch the liner , and you know the noise, may be able to modify the end of the bar to ride on a bearing,
    as for the cutting a new bar I always faced every part anyway,
    and the bar feeder will push to the same location everytime,if you
    make the lead in on the new bars the same, but if you are worried about it pushing it in to far you could write a macro
    that counts the parts and only cut face of a new bar, check with the macro gurus here for help
    like you I think the bar feeder is a waste of alot of time but it is still better than doing it by hand
    Brad
    IF ITS NOT BROKE YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH

Ashes to ashes , dust to dust , If it wasnt for Harleys the fast lane would rust.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

MillMan,thanks for the info,I thought about writing a macro but the guy I work for is to cheep to pay for the code to turn them on,I used up the temp trial already,any how I guess its as good as it gets, yeah the G105 runs the bar feed, you can put it the setting page but I found that I like it better right in the program (see my post above), it will over ride whats in the setting page, I set them all to zero,except the max bar length and the min retract,then I just run that line,let it do its thing,and then set my z zero and go,you got it the I=the new bar push j=part push + cut off width k=min.clamp(bar end)so I guess Ill keep setting the min.retract (v axis)to back off a bit from the new bar,and it will just have to chase the thing as it gets shorter,its still better then having the push rod go home evey part.I was wondering what the p in the line was for ,like I said it calls the sub but it wants to run the sub every part,I dont need to top-cut every part,just every new bar would be nice,now I know the R in the line works on bar change only ,it will index the spindle where ever you want it(for hex,square stock) thats why the p code's got me scraching my head?

Did anyone come up with a solution for this problem yet. I am having the same problem with a cheap boss that will not pay extra for macros.
    Thanks Todd

If anyone is familiar with doing a double push on the Servo 300 then maybe you have run into the problem of having it change bars at the first push ( in this case, right before the part off) and having a long piece pushed out and the next bar started off on the wrong tool? I have tried changing the 3000 settings with no luck. Any help would be great.

we do a second push in the middle of the program by writeing the g105 command in the progam.

How do you prep a new bar (face and center) then?

After we complete a part and gets dropped, (and we are towards the end of the program..we do a push half of the overall length of the part(plus tool width). Now we are at the beginning of the program and face it off. In the middle of the program we push again(same distance as the first) finish the part, Part drops, push again, ect.

So really all we are doing is divideing the over all part length in half, and doing two pushes. But it olny faces off when we are at the top of the program.

How is the program written so it will only face off on a new bar? Can you give me an example? Thanks.

We do a face off on every new part. That way we know the begining of the part is true everytime. Im not sure you could get away with just a face off on a new bar only. Also, its the same tool doing the face off as the rough turning so the time that it takes to face off every new part is only seconds. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. Some of the parts I do are pretty wide open and I could get away with just drilling and parting off if I could make it only face on a new bar that would help.
    I would much rather fix the push problem I am having. I will see if dividing in half will work for me? Makes sense but I thought twice I had it taken care of and then end up running into it again.

Another obstacle is that it is a side job and I go in and get the machine going and they let it run for 3-4 days and I come back and put another job on. So I don't spend alot of time there.