586,117 active members*
3,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > reloaded parameters now get 2041 please set D304.5

reloaded parameters now get 2041 please set D304.5

after by some bad advice I dumped every thing by cancel reset on startup.
    was supposed to reset I was told on my Amera Seiki lathe tc2L wth a Fanuc OTC control

Luckily I had down loaded the parameter list from the machine when it was working.
    I just spent a couple days entering it all.
    Now I get a operator message 2041 please set D304.5
    I don't know what this means its not in my books nor can I find it on the net?

Now it starts, I can open close chuck, move all axes in manual mode, move tail stock in out.
    but I can not index turret, zero return, or turn spindle on.
    does anyone have any ideas
    Thanks Clint

D params are for the PMC. As are K (Keep Relay), T (Timers), C (Counters) etc.
    Punching out the PMC parameters (and Ladder) is usually not as simple as doing the regular parameters but can be done with the right procedure.
    if you didn't backup the PMC parameters you're going to have great difficulty getting the machine working 100%

spindle error and servo alarms

after reloading the oringinal parameters and Diagnostics
    I now get a red light and #34 on my spindle amplifier
    Fanuc said indicates a parameter setting issue.
    the alarms on the screen are
    1006 spindle error
    408 Servo alarm : serial not ready
    409 Servo alarm : serial error
    Fanuc said the settings should be in the 6501 to 6520
    I have changed those settings back up to the original hand written for this machine.
    and still have these errors?
    Thanks
    Still stumped

alarms from 1000 upwards are generated by the ladder (check the ladder)
    6501 - 6520 are not listed in my 0-series parameter manual
    if you put your backup parameters in it should work.
    was your backup punched out from your previously working machine or is it a hard copy?
    if so maybe some things were changed and you'll probably have to get a Fanuc tech in to fix it.

I am not sure if this is an improvement but here is where I am at now after reloading the parameter backup of when it was working by hand several times looking for mistakes
    it boots up with out alarm except for the main servo amplifier in back has amber light and err 03 the sub spindle amplifier (Turret and live tool) is not ready
    now when I start the machine no alarms on screen.
    when I attempt to zero return it starts to move in x axis and over travel alarm before it gets there.
    The Z axis will start to move and alarm in the middle of travel?
    the turret manual button will start to move then give turret alarm 2013

you're right it's not an improvement

since it was working before it's just incorrect parameters.
    unfortunately because you are missing PMC parameters or other parameters you'll probably have to pay Fanuc to solve it. This is exactly why Fanuc designed their system to be problematic.... it's all part of the protection built in to make $$$ when it f*cks up

Hold the can and p during power up and try to zero it. You need to boot up with no initial zero return. The axis is going to a random zero point since you lost parameters.

I think I made some improvement.
    I did finally get the original start up params faxed to me from Amera Seiki they are not exactly the same. The closest I got is by using my back up and using the diagnostics from the original faxed to me. I then can zero both axis, rotate the turret. open close the chuck except turn on the spindle. I now get ( 2029 spindle run lock ) and an 03 ERR with amber light on the main servo drive amplifier. Fanuc said see builder it is a param issue.
    I am trying to see if they will get me a ladder diagram for this lathe the one that came with this lathe is not the one for this lathe.
    Still pluggin along
    Clint

Well I got all working found out I did not even have the right ladder for this machine after finally get all the documentation for the correct serial number of may lathe.
    the new guy in parts there hooked me up.
    and thank all of you that helped in this along the way
    47mlb

amera seiki

Did you get the thing going clint?? I am having a similar issue with mine right now. I may need some morale support. I hope you were able to solve this sucker!

Mike

Mike
    Yes I finally got it going.
    I found that the params I had in the book were not for my serial number.
    I finally got what I needed from amera Seiki for my serial number not a generic machine that was (kinda close).
    I found a Tech that helped he was the one who let me know what I had on the book was not for the machine I have ladder and all.
    he was able to help me finish over the phone and email after I got all the correct parameters and ladder etc.
    One thing is once you get it going make sure you have a good back up.
    back it all up ladder included and put it in a safe place.
    Make sure you batteries are good etc.
    Thanks Clint