586,991 active members*
3,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: build costs?

Page 3 of 3 123
    as a hobby project (third one, i had only one before i bought this machine) i will do video progress of debugging it. and random tests.
    i can foresee that at the end of this road i will have to buy G540. so i order it already with cables.
    i will also put detailed price list of parts what you need to make it work as it should work out of the box.

ebay price vs real price.

thanks for the help.

1 thing most may be interested in is

the 3 round 4 pin DIN plugs and sockets on the back of the blue YOOCNC box
    i desoldered them and i moved them to the steppa motors ends of the wires and then used the DB9's that came with the G-540 on the controller ends

i also reused the YOOCNC box by cutting a square hole the size of the G-540 in the back and mounted it there

took out all of the YOOCNC boards out and that will give me lots of room to add in the rest of the things i want to put in there like a IGBT to run the VFD and a relay for the water pump (i have replaced that noisy thumping hunk of crap they sent with it to a small submersible fish tank pump (HJ-501 MULTI-FUNCTION SUBMERSIBLE PUMP) you carnt hear it when its sitting in a 20Lt drum of water

the one that came with it i can hear in next-doors house (sitting on the wooden floor it makes the floor drum)

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse Effects View Post
    ok i have built my 6040 and have a bunch of these

i want to install them (2 on each axis) as limit switches and to set 0,0,0 like this

but i have no idear how to wire them up to stop the controller

the control box is the normal china one with a YOOCNC board in it
    Attachment 156037
    Attachment 156038
    Attachment 156039

Did you ever figure out how to wire the stops on your yoocnc board ?
    I want to do the same.
    Thanks.
    -Doron

Quote Originally Posted by Doronby View Post
    Did you ever figure out how to wire the stops on your yoocnc board ?
    I want to do the same.
    Thanks.
    -Doron
    no i replaced my controller with a G-540 as the yoocnc gear exploded about 4 hours in to using them

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse Effects View Post
    well i just madn offer on a ebay CNC 6040 and got it (was not expecting to as i offers what i thought was a bit low)

so now i got to look in to getting / making a 3D printing head for it as well
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you offer them including postage. I just submitted $1000 offer including postage and am awaiting a reply from the same seller.

$1500 to my door

Hello and thank you for the very informative post. Ill start off by saying i have no experience what so ever with cnc but am looking at purchasing one of these machines for hobby and maybe small production runs once i get the hang of it so i can help pay for the hobby lol. On top of the 1500 you spent on the machine, how much extra would you say someone would have to spend to get it to produce consistent results? is this the best route to go for a machine this size? now that youve done it all would you have purchased a different machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Alantron View Post
    On top of the 1500 you spent on the machine, how much extra would you say someone would have to spend to get it to produce consistent results?
    i would say all up about $2000 but i will be replacing the bed of it at some point in the future because this one has some flex in it

is this the best route to go for a machine this size? now that youve done it all would you have purchased a different machine?
    the 6040 only has a working area of about 500mm x 350mm i would go for a bigger unit if i did it again something like a 6090 but that is just me and it would cost about 2 times what i have spent so far

Thanks, I sent a lowball offer lets see if they accept. Ill probably go ahead and order a gecko so it could be here on time. What about the wiring? Is that something you would recommend buying locally vs online? I also need to find a computer with a parallel port. Again I have not even the slightest clue on how to cnc anything are there any sites is recommend to learn? Im going to start watching YouTube videos lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

i replaces all the wiring and plugs as well with fully shielded

Page 3 of 3 123