587,023 active members*
4,239 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitubishi FX-10 chiller problems

Looking for error codes for my chiller? have alarm codes for my machine but nothing for the chiller. Just got my machine hook back up after a year of not running everything worked fine before then but the chiller is having issue now. The error is C3 and then one other one is E1 and that one brought up a u827 on the machine. I just like to find out the codes are so I can fix this thing. Thanks for any help.

Try reversing your incoming phase to the machine.

If I remember correctly a C3 is freezing (try touching the elbow joint somewhere around the base of the chiller. (it should feel very cold)

and an E1 is "cannot keep temp difference at 5F or below from room temp" - ie: room=18C deg machine water=24C deg and climbing

We shorted out 2 links in one of our machines which fools your machine into thinking the chiller unit is A-OK!

Usually your chiller needs regassing or may even need the small capillaries inside the chiller replacing as they may be choked up

Let me know if you need more info

if it is freezing over look at your exhaust water flow and see if it seems restricted. IF so try and reverse the water lines to see if flowing in reverse opens up the passage.

Royster

How do you short out the two links on the chiller or machine so it will stay running? I have a guy that is going to try to charge the system. The chiller has never been serviced and it was new in 98. The c3 code comes up when it is at idle. but the E1 comes on when it is cutting. The one day it never come on and the next day it will come on at 3-4 times a day if not more. I don't think it can keep up with the cooling? I know they sell aftermarket chiller for it that bypass the control too. there cheaper then the mits chillers and there are suppose to be better. They say the Mits chiller is there weak link? But it work since 98. hopefully it just needs a recharge!

I will have a look for you. Yes chillers are a little over complicated for the needs but they are nice and small.

Red wires 284 and 285 short across

HTH