586,089 active members*
3,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Redsail X700 arrived

My new Redsail X700 arrived direct from China yesterday, I had dealt with Sara.

First impressions........very well packed, no damage at all........the build quality looks to be really excellent ( if anything it looks better finished than all the lasers I saw at Sign UK last year), superb neat wiring, all electrical components are labelled, all threads and guide rails are covered in oiled paper for protection.......very impressed at the overall quality.

If assembly, commissioning and use of the machine goes as well as the machine looks I will be a happy man.

John

Some photos

I emailed Sara at Redsail to let them know it had arrived undamaged, the reply came with MSN and Skype details in case I need any setup help.......also they included a webcam with the accessories so they can help in realtime if I have any trouble

John

Talking X700

Thank you John for the pictures im gonna order an M700 monday your pictures helped me a lot to pull the trigger
    Keep us updated and good luck to you:cheers:

I'm looking at getting this model too, how is the DSP software/control?

Did you buy direct from redsail or did you get it from one of the re-sellers on ebay? I'm looking at one being sold by cnccheap (this may be redsail, not sure)...

And finally, is the actual cutting area actually 20"x28"? or is this just the max material size?

Not fitted the laser tube yet......just got the machine into position yesterday( upstairs so it was quite a job).

CNCcheap is Redsail.

The software ( Lasercut 5.3 rebranded as Redsail Easycut) shows the cutting area as 500mmX700mm.

john

I just received the same model from Redsail (Sara was my contact too). I have went through all the setup steps and after 8 hours I finally have the mirrors set up correctly and I have been able to engrave a few test pieces.

What I have not been able to do is get it to cut 1/8" thick chipboard or cardboard. I can engrave all day but cannot for the life of me get it to cut all the way through material that it should definitely be able to cut.

I've tried high, medium and low power at various speeds and multiple passes. I've tried lowering the focus lens to get it closer to the material then raised it up. I'm stumped.

Any suggestions?

This is my first laser and I'm using the EasyCut 5.3 software that came with it on a Win7 laptop.

Lonnie

I have only done a quick mirror alignment as the machine is not in its final position yet.......I am cutting 6mm acrylic in one pass at 80% and 5mm per second.

John

John,

If you don't mind, could you walk me through the steps you used to achieve cutting your acrylic? I just don't know what I'm doing and I am at my wits end. I spent almost 4 hours on the Redsail web tech support to no avail Monday night. The tech told me he would email me a screenshot of Easycut like it is supposed to be but it's Wednesday and still no email

One thing I notice might be wrong is the setting next to the Laser button. It says "Power" and is set to 45.00 but it is grayed out and I don't know how to change it. Of course this might be what it is supposed to be but the documentation that came with my laser doesn't go into Easycut hardly at all.

Lonnie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser.jpg  

Update!!!

Whatever I just did has stopped my laser from moving in the positive direction on the Y axis!! In an attempt to position the laser at a certain point, I used the arrow keys within Easycut (Lasercut) to move it. After I realized I had moved it too far down on the Y axis, I used the up button (Y+ on Easycut) but the laser keeps moving in a downward direction.

Online support for Redsail comes on in about 20 minutes so I hope I can get this fixed because I don't know what I did.

Lonnie

Hi,

I am certainly no expert on this and just learning the machine/software.

My understanding from reading on another forum is that the 45 you refer to is the setting for the second head on a 2 head machine....as ours are single head this is redundant and cannot be changed.

In easy cut I created two squares.....select one as colour black....then in the top left you can change the settings for this 'layer' click the red down button to change between cut, engrave, grade engrave or hole......if you then double click on the power setting you get a box pop up where you can adjust feed rate and power. Give the second square a different colour and you can set that to engrave etc.

Make sure your machine control pad shows laser at 100%.

there is a lot of good info for Chinese lasers on
    Chinese Laser Support Forums
    Rabbit Laser - USA

All the best.

John

John, thanks for your help. I'm just learning myself and I just figured out why I haven't been able to cut. There was a switch in the back of the step-up power transformer that was switched to 110V instead of 220V so even though I had the laser plugged in to the 220V outlet in the front, the whole unit was only getting 110V. Flipping it to 220V corrected that issue.

Still at issue for myself is the new problem concerning movement on the Y axis. Whatever I've done has caused the laser to only move in the Y- direction. Pushing up causes it to move down. Pushing the Datum button still causes the laser to move back to the origin.

I'm also getting "Soft Stop" and "Limit Stop" errors when I try to operate the laser. I've tried resetting everything and I've even reinstalled the software. I still get an error during installation but the software still seems to work.

Lonnie

Hi Lonnie,

have a look here Chinese Laser Support Forums ; View topic - X and Y axis movement

The soft stop error seems to be if there is not enough space to run the job.....are you starting from the datum?

John

John,

I was in school last night so I didn't get to play with the laser yesterday but I plan to work on it non-stop this weekend until I get it going.

Thanks for the link. I've been brushing up on the various issues concerning the soft stop error on this board and the Chinese laser forum so hopefully I will be able to get somewhere tonight.

I have been starting at the datum. Each successive time I've tried, I move the laser head back to datum and restart both the laser and Easycut. I will post results sometime later tonight after I've had a chance to experiment with it. Thanks again for your help.

Lonnie

Please let me know how things go......I have not connected a pc to the laser yet.....only transferred files via the USB stick......
    For what it is worth I think all your issues are simply software settings issues.

All the best.

John

John, would you mind taking a look at these screenshots and compare them to your own settings to see if there are any differences? If it is indeed a software configuration problem then maybe there is some obvious setting that is wrong on my setup.

I am not in front of my pc but these look to be the default settings that I have (I have not changed any of these)
    Have you tried transferring a file via USB stick rather than from the pc?

John

No I haven't but the more I read and the more I test my machine I think something is wrong with the axis controller. I'm trying to figure out now how to make sure my firmware for the laser matches the software but it is proving difficult without Redsail's input.

Now the Y axis is moving up and down instead of just down but the movement limits in both directions are now functioning incorrectly. For movement on either axis, the laser head now bumps up against the the left side for the X axis and the front of the machine for the Y axis.

I will keep testing and reading and post my results.

Lonnie

Hi,

checked your screenshots against my settings,

1st screen....my max power is 100% yours is 0%
    2nd screen my pulse rates are both 0.0063500000

all others are the same.

John

John,

Would you mind reading my post here concerning firmware versions and see how my settings compare to yours? If your firmware versions are the same as mine then I can rule out that as my problem. I would appreciate it.

Lonnie

Lonnie, we're having the same problem with our M900 (the 60w version). It will cut through if we do the little spot test, but otherwise it only engraves. I can't find anything that would switch it from 110 to 220 (it's plugged into a 220 outlet).

Where was your switch located?

Quote Originally Posted by lfe011969 View Post
    John, thanks for your help. I'm just learning myself and I just figured out why I haven't been able to cut. There was a switch in the back of the step-up power transformer that was switched to 110V instead of 220V so even though I had the laser plugged in to the 220V outlet in the front, the whole unit was only getting 110V. Flipping it to 220V corrected that issue.

Still at issue for myself is the new problem concerning movement on the Y axis. Whatever I've done has caused the laser to only move in the Y- direction. Pushing up causes it to move down. Pushing the Datum button still causes the laser to move back to the origin.

I'm also getting "Soft Stop" and "Limit Stop" errors when I try to operate the laser. I've tried resetting everything and I've even reinstalled the software. I still get an error during installation but the software still seems to work.

Lonnie

Page 1 of 2 12