586,058 active members*
3,568 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > G320 Position Error Fault Disable

G320 Position Error Fault Disable

I am using a G320 for a special application. I'd like to have unlimited position error. I think I can accomplish this by cutting the trace from the window comparator to the fault latch. I fully understand I might fry it, blah blah blah. If anyone "in the know" could tell me which trace it is I'd appreciate it. Would save me some time finding it. I know its near the test point but things get crowded fast.

Thanks
    Matt

I think I found what I wanted, but after thinking about it I don't think it will be of use as the U/D counters are going to roll over anyway... on to plan B...

Matt

I don't think Marris would recommend what your doing
    What probably will happen if the fault gets ignored is the counter will overflow back to zero and the motor will Jump back violently.

Best way for unlimited position error is to not mount the encoder on the motor

the blah blah blah in my first post covers your first comment, but beyond that I don't have an encoder on the motor. Mine actually runs on a web which is rolled up by the motor through lots of gear reduction. I still need closed loop because the speed needs to change as the roll gets bigger to maintain constant speed. I don't actually want unlimited error, but I sometimes get oscillations due to the system being underdamped for how it is arranged. The oscillations will cause nuisance faulting which pauses mt process every 5 seconds.

I have another setup that works great using a baldor vector drive and auxiliary encoder but thats around $5k. I'll continue to make due with my setup until something better comes along.

Thanks
    Matt