586,110 active members*
3,273 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > OneCNC > Outside radius loop,triangle......

Outside radius loop,triangle......

Just curious if Onecnc has Outside Radius looping for sharp corners? Similar to BobCad V24. Trying to find out as much as I can before I make a purchase
    for software. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hacker7 View Post
    Just curious if Onecnc has Outside Radius looping for sharp corners? Similar to BobCad V24. Trying to find out as much as I can before I make a purchase
    for software. Thanks
    What is outside radius looping, dont understand what your asking???

It's where the bit goes pass the corner, does a loop,triangle,of whatever radius you put in
    the software and continues on the other side of the corner. Makes for sharper corners.

Loop radius

Here's a couple of pics of what I mean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loop radius.PNG   bisect line.PNG   loop triangle.PNG  

Quote Originally Posted by hacker7 View Post
    Here's a couple of pics of what I mean.
    I dont believe it does that from a profile cycle, but if you wanted to you could pretty quickly make that path and have it work that way.
    I tried a demo of bobcad a while ago and thought it was awful and then got phone bashed for months.
    I find onecnc pretty easy to learn and use, can make it do most of what i want, post pro quite easy to change. Its not perfect as nothing is but for the price with NO yearly fees i think its good.

Keith.

Yeah,I know what you mean they are still calling. I got the demo too. What version of Onecnc did you get? Express, advantage, pro,expert? Haven't checked on price yet was it reasonable? Thanks

I have OneCNC's Mill Advantage (I think-2D draw/3D mill) works great for me. One your edge is extracted, it will make a tool path to match whatever the profile is-including a sharp 90 degree corner. You can set extra travel pre and post edge cut, so you won't have to do a plunge cut before the cut path.

I do all of my CAD in Solidworks, so I didn't need the 3D draw that Pro offers.

Worse software decision I ever made was buying BobCad V23. Nothing but frustrations,problems and lost time and wages. Bought OneCNC XR4 through Patrick at OneCNC West last spring and have never looked back. It is so user friendly and it works. Still getting calls from BC despite my numerous requests to remove me from their system.

Wow Just saw XR5 on you tube I'm hooked I guess I'll call pat at Onecnc and discuss price on advantage. Thanks for the response's . Rich

You bet Rich. Here's Patricks #909-931-7811. He is unbelievably helpful, not pushy, and knows the products. My only regret was not knowing him and about there software years ago. Mastercam is really expensive and requires maintenance fees. OneCNC is a one time purchase, he doesn't nail you with hidden fees or charge you to call and ask a question regarding usage. I,m upgrading to XR5 and am very excited.
    Good luck