586,359 active members*
3,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with drill depth

Hello all,
    I have reccently upgraded from V8 to V9.1 and all seemed to be fine until I started posting out to my Heidenhain MPH426M.pst when using the drill functions. I dont drill to much I usually leave that to the guys on the machine but where I need to be sure metal is cleared away before certain mill paths I sometimes use the drill cycles. But what I've found is that the drill depth say for the centre drill -2.5 is then used as the Z safety height for the next drill cycle then that drill depth say -44 would then be used as the safety height for the following cycle and the minus sign is also output so pretty scary for the guys downstairs. The problem must be with the post but what do I change ?
    Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    Alan.

Are you programming in 2D or 3D? Also, first check your subsequent drilling ops in your cutting parameters (in MC) to see if the clearance plane or reference plane has those values in them. If it does, and you have depths set to incremental, it will output deeper.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

Its just 2d for the drilling and it only happens with the drilling if I start using contours pockets 3d machining everything is ok....but the drilling. Settings are to absolute and the clearance is set to 2 which is not the drill depth. I have sent this to my re-seller to sort out along with problems with the cutter comp as well but they can't work on it until the end of this month. As I am using the drill function just now it is bugging me no end to change everything manually.