586,075 active members*
3,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

replacement CRT screen for Heidenhian 151

Hi all, me again

I've been trying to find a replacement screen for my Heidenhian TNC151 control on my interact series 1 mk2.

Ideally i'd like a UK supplier and am open to either LCD replacement or just a new CRT tube as mine is close to death and burnt through age and use.

Does anyone know where to go for this? I found a company down in Kent but they haven't responded to my request for pricing information.

Thanks
    Gavin

early heidenhains are non standard. They are, as far as I can tell, an inverted MGA monitor. Hang on to yours until it dies

is there anyway to check if this is the case? i.e. from removing the screen and looking behind?

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    early heidenhains are non standard. They are, as far as I can tell, an inverted MGA monitor. Hang on to yours until it dies

no need to check it is the case, unless someone has previously done some sort of expensive conversion

I thought I saw somebody selling one for about $450 that was a 12" LCD, but maybe that was for a Heidenhain 2500.
    Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2 Heidenhain TNC 155b

is it not possible to swap just the tube over for a new generic 12" CRT tube and retain all the bespoke heidenhain bits and bobs?

There is really no such thing as a generic tube, and it is not always the tube that is bad. Could you get lucky? Sure. Could you blow things up? Yup

I have a tv repair guy who is very successful on all monitor repairs including Heidenhains.
    Suggest you try finding a small repair shop near you with a guy who likes challenges.
    Most of these guys are struggling nowadays as their traditional market is disappearing and welcome new business.
    I don`t think I`ve paid more than £30 for a monitor repair.
    Heidenhain screens seem to be prone to burnt images or it may just be that cnc mills are left on all the time.

The signal format may be odd ball, but many CRT's of the same diagonal size and scan angle will most likely work if you can find one.
    Often the only critical characteristic is whether the filament is 6.3v or 12.6, Fortunately most are 6.3.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have done modifying TNC151's CRT to a 12'' LCD, and our company is selling it.

Contact me if you need further information.