586,116 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > New to Tree Journeyman 250 w/Dynapath Control

New to Tree Journeyman 250 w/Dynapath Control

If someone could direct me to a web site, that would be great. In the mean time, here are my questions:

1) I want to teach my tool the "Z" position at the top of the part. How do I go about doing this? I have the manual, but I must be missing something. All axes have been referenced.

2) How does the program reference the tool being used? I am trying to get this machine running for a company that I just started working for. I see the program, but I do not see a "T" value. When I run the program, and if I have the table low, I can see that the program is running good.

I am just stuck at this time. I do have many years of cnc programming, but the mechanics of setting this machine up is baffling.

Thank you!

You can get a manual for the Dynapath control from Dynapath. They are a bit pricey at around $200.00, but its really worth having. Its about 3/4" thick, and it will answer all of your questions......it is well written.

I work at a shop periodically that has a Lagunmatic 320 with a Dynapath 20 control. As I sit here at home, I can't tell you the exact procedure......but if I was standing in front of the machine I could guide you through it easily.

You won't be disappointed with purchasing the manual.

I'm sorry my memory isn't good enough to walk you through it from home......I only run the machine once a month or so when I'm needed by the owner.

Thank you for the reply. I do have the manual. However, no matter what I do to set the tool height, the quill lowers to a position that is not what I want. I need to know how to set the tool height and to set a Zero from the top of the part.

Secondly, where is the tool call out in the program? I have the program form the previous person who had worked here, but I do not see the tool in the program.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelthomas View Post
    You can get a manual for the Dynapath control from Dynapath. They are a bit pricey at around $200.00, but its really worth having. Its about 3/4" thick, and it will answer all of your questions......it is well written.

I work at a shop periodically that has a Lagunmatic 320 with a Dynapath 20 control. As I sit here at home, I can't tell you the exact procedure......but if I was standing in front of the machine I could guide you through it easily.

You won't be disappointed with purchasing the manual.

I'm sorry my memory isn't good enough to walk you through it from home......I only run the machine once a month or so when I'm needed by the owner.

First, make sure the fixture call out is there e1 etc.., make sure the fixture offset is set to 0 on the z. As far as touching off, sounds like you have that covered, and quite frankly it's been years since I did one. The tool offset call is simply in the m code portion of the programming, just like when you command an m3. T1 calls offset 1, t2 offset 2 etc. m6 in that will bring the quill up and stop the machine for a Manual tool change. If your using Eia programming, it's an h offset call similar to a fanuc.

OK, to set z zero.

From the mode select screen, press 0 for Jog.

Press R to reference home......then push start. Machine should home.

Now jog over to part ant touch off where you want z 0 to be.

Press 9 from jog screen (Zero Set).....then twist the z jog switch either way. You should see the position screen tell you that it is now at z 0.

You can do the same for x and y.

Make sure you do not have any fixture offsets programmed as mentioned in the above post.

I set up a piece of 1/2 drill rod in a holder and make sure it is longer than any tool to be used. This is my reference tool. Follow the above procedure and touch off your reference tool and perform the zero set.

Now, for every other tool, you will insert it into the spindle and jog down to touch it off as well.......but for each tool besides the reference tool, you will now go to the tool offset screen, select the tool number you are touching off, then push the tool cal button on the bottom right under the screen. This should then enter a negative value for that tool which corresponds to the length of the reference tool minus the tool being measured.

You could measure all tools off line if you wanted, then just enter the differences into the tool offset table manually. You will still have to touch off the reference tool. I use a tool setter guage to touch off to avoid broken tools, and its alot easier. Mine was only about $70.00, and it is 2" high. All offset numbers should be negative if your reference tool is the longest.

Do this for all tools being used.

You should be good to go until you move the knee up or down, then you will have to reinsert your reference tool, touch off, then zero set(9) the z again.

You won't have to remeasure any other tools that haven't been changed.

Hope this helps.

Please I need manuals for cnc journeyman ms-tree 320 dynapath system delta 10.
    Thank you.