586,523 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Unable to generate the toolpath in MastercamX5

Unable to generate the toolpath in MastercamX5

I've imported the part from Solidworks into MasterCamX5 and tried to generate the toolpath but am not able to select any line on the part. I've tried all options like saving the part in different formats (step, DXF or psrasolid x_t) but it did not help.

No matter what I do MastercamX5 will not let me to select the toolpath for machining. I’ve previously defined stock, selected Toolpath --> Pocket --> Chain (for the squared hole in the center). Can someone write me detail instructions on how to apply those steps?

I have heard of this problem but I can not remember how it was resolved. Try this: place lines on all edges of the model by....CREATE > CURVE > CURVE ON ALL EDGES.....this should place a selectable lines on all edges that you can use to create your toolpaths....or try to save the solid works file as an
    *.STL file and use that to select your toolpaths.

have you defined the tool ? also check your cutting parameters often times it can be you linking parameters are set in the positive notation when selecting your rough stock put it .010 high in z to see face cuts if z0.0 is top of stock

Did you get it fixed? Let me know - if you post the actual file I (or someone else here) can get you going in the right direction...
    Tim

I am having the same problem with Mastercam X5. Does anyone have a resolution?

Under the settings tab, click on configuration, click on converters, make sure edge curves is checked on the solid import area. Mine also has heal solids checked. Had issues when I imprted solid history so I don't recommend it. Let me know if this worked.

If it is a solid then you need to either create wire to to use Wire standard chaining or use Solid Chaining options.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .