587,028 active members*
3,022 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Syil C6-B CNC lathe

Good day!

Does anyone have advice or information reguarding the cnc lathe? Can anyone provide info or insight about it?

Also where i could search for info that may already be posted?

kyle

Hey There! I have a Syil America C6; its about 5+ years old. It has Never caused me any problems. I have it tooled with Dorian Kennametal and Valanite tool holders along with a AXA QC Tool Post. If you get the Lathe take the crosslide off and put it in the dumpster!
    Tool it up rite and it will hold .0005 all day long...
    Some where on this Syil forum are some pics of a Turret I made for my Lathe too.
    Just piddeling around saw a picture and made it...with the C6 and SX3 Mill..

Where do you suggest i get a different cross slide? Also is a tool turret available for purchase?

thanks very much!

kyle

I was wrong to say take the Crosslide off...I was meaning the Compound Slide...I don't know of any turrets for sale. I posted a pic of the one I made..It works great if you are going to make hundreds of parts...but as for ones and twos..it takes more time to set it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-255L.JPG   MVC-248L.JPG  

That is what I need.

Re: Syil C6-B CNC lathe

anybody have any better details of that tool changer. Also, will that SYIL C6 compare to my current Grizzly 11X26. Is it lighter and flimsier? I've matsreed what I can and can not do on that machine, but its time for a controller. I need something that will control rpm and is repeatable, does curves etc etc. I'm looking into a used unit.

Re: Syil C6-B CNC lathe

Syil C6 is an adaption of the Sieg C6. Grizzly sells the C6 as their G0516 combo machine. 10x21" makes it slightly smaller dimensions than your 11x26, but the same weight, probably acts about the same. FWIW, the Sieg C6 seems to be favored over the 11x26 by the crowd that buys that class of machine. That is only my opinion based upon what I have read over the years.

Grizzly.com

I don't believe that Syil sells the C6 anymore, they have moved onto a slightly different machine, the EX250, which looks like it was designed from the ground up for cnc rather than retrofitting a manual mill. It is also much smaller (10x16) and lighter (300# vs. 500#). Of note, Novakon sells a similar machine (10x17), although much heavier (probably because it includes the base).