586,033 active members*
3,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 will not use the tool I enter to compute toolpath

V23 will not use the tool I enter to compute toolpath

I programmed a part with a square pocket. I entered tool #4 but the damn program used tool #1 (which killed my part). I deleted the pocket feature, re-entered it, and reposted it and it still did the same thing again. The program REFUSES to use the tool I tell it to. HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Buis View Post
    I programmed a part with a square pocket. I entered tool #4 but the damn program used tool #1 (which killed my part). I deleted the pocket feature, re-entered it, and reposted it and it still did the same thing again. The program REFUSES to use the tool I tell it to. HELP!!
    After you draw the part, before you compile, in the Cam Tree, where you selected the geometry, move down and right click the thing you want to do, I E Drill, Mill a profile . . . right click and select edit, in that area click the tool you want to change either rough or finish, and make sure it is the tool you want, by selecting Manual Tool, WITH THIS CAVEAT , you will have to set every tool manually if you do this, otherwise they will probably not be the tools you want or you can just edit the post to be the tool you want, do not forget to change the "H" value to match the "T" value.
    I personally do not trust any computer to run a machine without inspecting the G code, and backplotting it in the computer and the machine. But it is easy, predator or plain old notepad both have search or Find utilities, where you can move from tool to tool.
    One side note: When you manually select the tool, make sure the finish tool is the same tool or has a zero diameter or if you are using a separate finish tool, that it is properly selected as well.
    We're not in business to make parts, we're in business to make money, making parts is just how we do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Buis View Post

If you are using a "System Tool" then the tool number will be "greyed out" and the tool # is set. If you are selecting a "Manual Tool" then the number should "stick".

If it doesn`t then go to "Cam Part" > "Milling Tools" > "Verify Tool Assignment", you should be able to reset any/all your tool numbers to exactly what you want for the machine, the Post should then output the tool #s correctly !!

That`s the theory anyway :-) :-)

Hope that helps

Regards
    Rob