586,100 active members*
2,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > ShuttleXpress - Tormach version required?

ShuttleXpress - Tormach version required?

Does anyone know if the Tormach Shuttle is an OEM version, or does the off-the-shelf ShuttleXpress version work for Mach? I've got a Tormach version on my 1100, but I'd like to add one for a CNC router I have too. What is required to make a non-Tormach version work?

I use the Expess and Pro version with Mach. I just love them.

I'm not quite sure if this is answering what you're asking, but I bought a second shuttle from Tormach and am using it (and its plugin) on a stock copy of Mach3 that I use with my lathe. As far as I know all that is custom on the Tormach version of the shuttle is the silkscreening.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr9900 View Post
    I'm not quite sure if this is answering what you're asking, but I bought a second shuttle from Tormach and am using it (and its plugin) on a stock copy of Mach3 that I use with my lathe. As far as I know all that is custom on the Tormach version of the shuttle is the silkscreening.

Randy
    Thanks for your answer. I'm actually trying to figure out if the reverse is also true, that is, can a standard generic ShuttleXpress work with Mach as is, or is anything special about the Tormach version other than the labeling and 'badge engineering'? I'll continue to use my Tormach version on my Tormach, but I'd like to get a 'standard' unlabeled one for use on my Techn-Isel CNC router. It's also about half the cost.

I think that the Xpress plugin is not customized for Tormach. John Prentice modified the plugin from the Shuttle Pro plugin if I remember correctly, and also if I remember correctly had two Xpress'es attached to his own lathe.

Randy

I bought one for my lathe and got the plugin working but the jog is very slow compared to the Tormach. I have not delved into it yet but I am sure it is just a setting that needs to be changed.

I found the video of John Prentice with two Xpress'es on his Mach3-controlled Boxford lathe. It's http://www.castlewoodconsultants.com...ningTCL240.wmv

Randy