586,075 active members*
4,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Hope you will feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kregan View Post
    sorry for not replying i have a nasty stomach virus and all the nasty stuff that comes with it.

My settings were for a 2 HP, 240 volt, 1500 rpm motor @ 60 hz.

Al,
    Setting the vfd for 2 pole drew 25% less current and of course machine was running cooler. Thanks.

All,
    I ran the machine for about 45 minutes today and took it all the way to 16k rpm without any trip or other visible problem. Unless there are more tune up suggestions, I am moving along to other issues.

By the way, I am using 2.2kw, Teknomotor double nose bearing spindle and I bought it from XZero (George). I have no other bench mark to compare this spindle and may be it is too early for me to say anything good or bad about the spindle but compared to very expensive spindles (out of my reach) I have seen elsewhere this Italian made spindle sound and feel good for the price George charged (my other option was a router, did not want to spends thousands on spindle yet). No I have nothing to do with George, in fact I am unhappy with him about delaying my router table but folks who are looking into buying an affordable spindle may want to talk to George (look for XZero thread on the zone).

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Its OK, I forgot for the moment they use base frequency and not base rpm!
    Also if you are running at 18k on 300hz it would be a 2 pole motor.
    It's been a long day :tired:
    Al.

No power to VFD from AV_OUT port for the spindle

Hi fellow DMMers I need your Urgent help pretty please!!

I'm trying to wire up a spindle for Mach3 on my first cnc but cant get any power/voltage through G and Aout of the AV_OUT port...

The VFD is primed and ready to go and I have an independent 10v p/s powering the +Vin of the AV_OUT port (see pic) which is definitly producing 10v to the BOB.

I'm running the standard dmm mach3 .xml and tried changing the active low state, then changing it back - nice trick but I wasnt as lucky.

Here's a quick video of the BOB, screen and multimeter -

MVI_7279-Desktop.m4v - YouTube

MVI_7280-Desktop2-Desktop.m4v - YouTube

I've sent for help from Hui so hopefully he can spot the problem or offer a solution too, but time is of the essense and I really need your help - so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears?

Thankyou
    George
    Attached Files Attached Files

George,

I think I had similar problem and it turned out that I was using a pin twice. Not sure you had similar issue but it is worth checking. I also got help from mectec54, you may want to pm him.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by firstyear View Post
    Hi fellow DMMers I need your Urgent help pretty please!!

I'm trying to wire up a spindle for Mach3 on my first cnc but cant get any power/voltage through G and Aout of the AV_OUT port...

The VFD is primed and ready to go and I have an independent 10v p/s powering the +Vin of the AV_OUT port (see pic) which is definitly producing 10v to the BOB.

I'm running the standard dmm mach3 .xml and tried changing the active low state, then changing it back - nice trick but I wasnt as lucky.

Here's a quick video of the BOB, screen and multimeter -

MVI_7279-Desktop.m4v - YouTube

MVI_7280-Desktop2-Desktop.m4v - YouTube

I've sent for help from Hui so hopefully he can spot the problem or offer a solution too, but time is of the essense and I really need your help - so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears?

Thankyou
    George

firstyear

It appears you don't have the Bob wiring complete, do a photo of the Bob & drive as to how you have it wired, we may be able to see more, the video is not that clear as to how you have done the wiring
    Mactec54

firstyear

I should have looked at the PDF, Nice layout you have done

Take the AV_out G wire from the Bob to your 10v Power supply, You have V+ going into the board & no return to the power supply V-

The Analog common ( 1 ) in the drive won't work for your remote power supply
    Mactec54

Thanks for the quick help guys

Mactec what would I do without you - I think you have single handedly built my cnc ha!

I feel silly continuously asking you what sometimes fell like stupid questions, as I don't want to put you out, or take advantage of your goodwill and knowledge. It looks like you have helped many people get their DMM kit up and going; so thank you.
    Again.

I'll switch the wires around shortly (I need a coffee first) and see if that does the trick.. fingers crossed

azam1959 thanks for the heads up I'll recheck the pins too just in case

Exciting times!!!

firstyear

No questions are stupid, you may be helping someone else by posting what you have

There may be other settings to do in the VFD drive & Mach also to get everything working
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec

It looks as if your trick did the.. trick?

I rewired the AV_out G back to the power supply instead of the VFD and I started to get readings!!!
    I had a little play with the Spindle SRO slider and the volts changed as they should. Thankyou.

Unfortunatly It didnt move the spindle though...sigh..
    Craig at CT checked the VFD parameters/inputs for me and they are ok so thats good too.

So it looks like Im not getting 24v out of the BOB from D_OUT D16 to the VFD B5 Terminal to give it the run command.

Is D16 even +24v out?
    Which one is +24V out?
    I'm wondering if I should be using CP1 (+v) and CP2 (-v?) instead, as on Hui's spindle wiring diagram on the BOB pdf.

Help

firstyear

First have you had the VFD & spindle running from the key pad control, you have to do this first

Once you have that part set up, you then change one setting, for Terminal control

You only get 0-10V out of the Bob for the control, this is normal
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec

Yes I've had the spindle running through the pad and all was ok, it's just when I tried to switch it to mach/bob control that I've run into problems..

Golly - Now i'm really confused.. maybe I need to backtrack

As I understand it -which is obviously wrong -

* For spindle Speed control (AV_OUT) I'm using an independent 10v p/s going to the BOB ( G & Vin) then on to the VFD (Vout to VFD T2)... As apparently both the BOB and VFD don't produce 10V out?

* The Run command (spindle on/off) on the VFD B5 Terminal is given by via 24V instruction from D_OUT D16

* The BOB pdf shows 30V out put via D16 and also indicates 24v out of CP1 & CP2 relays - Hui has pictured a VFD with start/stop coming from CP1 & CP2?

I'm now guessing all are wrong and I'm confused as to where to start.

firstyear

Your drive does have a +10V output that you could of used for the Bob & would of wired
    to the Bob the same way as you have with the remote 10V supply Pin 3 10V+ & Pin 1 Common, these would of wired & done the same job as the remote 10V supply

I would contact your supplier about what you have to do with the 24V, what information I have on the drive, I can not see the information that is needed to make the correct conection

The Bob & Mach is working correct by what you said in your post, It may be just a parameter change so you can use the 0-10V to control the drive

0-10V is the norm to control most VFDs so I'm sure there is a way with your drive to do this

Just checked the B5 is a 0 to 24V so you should be ok most likely just some parameter to change
    Mactec54

Thanks Mactec

I'll rewire using the T3 terminal on the vfd like you said - Damn I had a gut feeling that the VFD produced +10V through T3, but I must have misunderstood some earlier instructions..
    That's ok.

CT suggested running a contact between B2 and B5 for the run command, but this was in lieu of using D_out D16 from the BOB.
    If I do this then I'm guessing that I wont be able to start stop the spindle via the bob/Mach?

DMM_TECH TO COMMANDER SK SETUP INSTRUCTIONS FOR MACH3- -WORKING SWEET!!

Hi Guys we cracked it!

It was stupidly simple in hindsight and works beautifully.

Thank you Mactec, Hui at DMM and Chris at Control Techniques for all your help.

Hope this helps someone else in the future as DMM & CT is a sweet combo..:wee:..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CT and DMM.jpg  

wow 40 posts, 20 emails and 5 emergency calls from Mactec; and I've gone from a newbie to a very proud cnc owner. Sweeeeet!

Now I'm going to build a space shuttle :banana:

firstyear

That's very cool, I'm glad we could help you acheive your dream, to have a machine running & making parts for your projects, Have a great trip to Milan & that your project presentation is successful to
    Mactec54

Page 3 of 3 123