586,103 active members*
3,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sketcher

Sketcher

We use both ProE and UG based on the customer.

My question is when using UG NX6 sketch is there a way to have the dimension from the centerline equal the diameter when sketching?
    The way I am do it now is creating a radius but not the diameter.

I ProE I select the sketch curve the centerline I created while in that sketch and then the sketch curve again to get my diameter dimension.

attached are screen shots to help illustrate.

Thank You
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NX6.PNG   PTC.PNG  

sketch

a sketch is not a drawing so why change radius to diameter?
    in Solidworks it is usually on right click menu.
    i would normally say check the help system but i use NX5 and rarely does help answer many questions.
    i was printing the help files on manufacturing and i was getting past 500 pages. i had a simple question in program operations menu if operation is blue text instead of black test what does it mean? i searched program operations blue text but of course nothing came up explaining what i was looking for.

I use the Insert, Feature Parameters to bring the sketch dimensions into the drawing. This way I create dimensions once and can make the job go quicker.

I tried the help also. No luck.

dimension radius or diameter

when sketching i believe in NX5 at top menu Insert then dimension then you can select type of dimension radius or diameter (don't just use inferred dimension so you choose which type).
    i am not sure how to change once dimension is already there. many items can be changed by selecting then in right click menu their are things that can be changed.
    blue text in manufacturing operations menu means a tool change is needed. i had multiple operations and wondered why some were in blue text and others in black text. i am not sure where it is set as on a another computer all the text was black. thats the trouble with a custom setup and then using another computer with a default installation

Attached is a zip .avi file that is showing how I do a sketch diameter in ProE sketch and hoping illustates better what I am looking to do in UG in sketcher mode. Which is to create a diameter dimension for a cross section of a revolved sketch.
    Attached Files Attached Files