586,103 active members*
3,339 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Need help figuring out Dyna Myte 4400 mill

Need help figuring out Dyna Myte 4400 mill

Hey all,
    I have been attempting to work with a Dyna 4400 3 axis mill and I'm not having very good luck with it so far... I'm used to post processing from Pro Engineer or SolidWorks and then running G-code in all the cnc machines I've used so far and so the conversational programming of the Dyna Myte machines is really throwing me for a loop... If anyone knows of a cheep efective way of running G-code on the conversational Dyna Myte machines that would be a great help.

Thanks all,
    Shea

The SKIP control will not accept any G/M codes, only the Dyna conversational code. The only way to use G/M codes is to remove the Dyna SKIP control and re-fit the machine with a different control.

How would I go about switching out the step controles for newer ones? And about how much would I be looking at spending on a project like this?
    Thanks for the replays
    Shea

The SKIP control uses stepper motors. There are other threads in this Dyna forum with users describing how they are converting their mills to use Mach controls. I have no idea on cost.

Caprirs
    So, what you are saying there is no Post processor to use with SKIP?

The post processor is just a converter that takes the tool paths created in the CAM software and outputs those moves into the text format the machine control can understand. There are numerous CAM companies who offer post processors that will output the motion code in the Dyna SKIP format.

The Dyna SKIP control does not use G/M codes but can be programmed using many of the commonly used CAM packages. The biggest disadvantage of the SKIP control is the 999 lines of code limtation.

So what are some of the CAD programs thati could use to post process for dyna skip?
    Thanks for the info
    Shea

I am pretty sure Mastercam, Surfcam, and Gibbs all have post processors that will convert their tool paths into the Dyna format. All are fairly high end professional packages. Without knowing your budget and intended use, it is impossible to make recommendations.

I have access to pro engineer, solidworks and mastercam. I'll go ahead and give mastercam a try then. I mostly work proE and I know that it gives a whole list of different posts for a large assortment of machines, but it doesn't label any of them :/ do you by chance know if mastercam is like this as well? And if so, do to know which post to use for the dyna 4400?

Thanks for all the answers
    Shea

I am not familiar with Mastercam or ProE so I do not know what is available. Typically, post processors are labeled for specific machines and/or controls. Thus, a post might have in its description Dynamyte, Dynamechtronics, Dyna, etc. In many cases, the only way to determine what the output code will look like is to install the post processor and post some code to see what comes out.

Dyna machines also used Mitsubishi controls and Dyna's own PC based control which are different from the SKIP control.

The dyna 4400 that I have is from somewhere around the late 80s I think. It has the programming board out in front of it (which is removable). I'm pretty sure it uses dyna step... I have the mastercam manual in front of me and it doesn't look like it says what it posts for anywhere... Hmm then again it's hard to figure out anything using this manual... The one for proE is way easier to understand.
    Thanks for the input
    Shea

Edit: I'll post up some pictures of the machine on Monday.

I was trying to say that finding a post for Dynamechtronics or Dynamyte may not be sufficiently descriptive as Dyna used several controls over the past decades. So the post processor will have to be for Dyna with SKIP instead of Dyna with 4M/PC or Dyna with Mitsubishi M3/M520.