586,471 active members*
4,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem in tool change

i had writen my first G-code on CNC machine(Milling machine) but when the program began in tool change the Head was rotated and the magazin start to rotat continuously without stop , i think first the problem in the tool memory.
    but i need help for how i can solve this problem

When you started up the machine, did you first send the 3 axis to the home position, and then the toolchanger to the home position?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

How that?

I'm already sent the 3 axis to the home position by doing calibration to the machine.
    But how i can send the toolchanger to the home position?

Very easy answer, get your boss to buy the programming manuals I got ready for you and all the answers you seek are there in the books.
    vamvany

Did you try index the turret or magazine in mdi? Also,what is on that line of programing? to6m6; ?Try that then run your program.

Tool change position

If the machine is a double column you can do G30 Y0. Z0.; If it is just a single and zero return is not the same as tool change position then G30 Z0.; should do it. Also make sure all your tool address are set to different numbers.