586,103 active members*
3,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > Missing Y-commands in 4axis toolpath?

Missing Y-commands in 4axis toolpath?

Hi,
    I have just finished my rotary axis and done my first cuts. All went well, but I noticed that there were nothing in the code that commanded the y-axis to stay at zero position.
    I have specified 4 axis in Rhinocam setup, and no swapping of axis.

Is that the way it is supposed to be?

Lars

i have the same problem, I need all four axis moving at the same time but the post processor only writes code with 3 axes moving. Can somebody please help?

Hello, and welcome to cnczone!
    I have not found a solution to this, other than using the 4th axis in indexing mode.

Lars

Indexing?

Thanks for the reply? But I do not know what the indexing mode is - and where can I choose it in RhinoCam 2.0?

Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

I am on holiday, far away from my cad/cam computer, so no screenshots.
    Indexing means that you do ordinary 3axis cutting, then rotates A to a new position, and then continues cutting.

Lars

4 axis

Ok, but I have to make product where I need that all axis are moving at the same time. I thought that Rhinocam 2.0 is able to produce code where all axis are moving in the same time. Maybe I am mising some option in the menu but I looked everywhere... Do you have some experience with this setting in RhinoCam 2.0 ?

There's no option for that, it has to be forced. Manually or by swapping from 4 axis to 3 axis and you do this by creating multiple MOPs. It's written this way because A is a standard rotation on Y.. Even in 5 axis mode you do not have a Y output, unless you put it into your post processor.. Good luck.
    Hey check out my website...www.cravenoriginal.com
    Thanks Marc

You can enter Y0.000 in the gcode lines when it posts the gcode file.at the beginning. I have done that. For moving in all axis? when cutting two or more sided parts that need to be rotated and cut. Differently than 4th axis roughing and finishing operations. do a 3d machining operation, rotate the table under the 4th axis rotation and then more 3d machining. rotating the table each time the amount of degrees needed. If i have a part that needs cut on front and back I set Z at center along the y axis for the stock box rough and finish operations the 4th axis rotate 180 degrees back to create 3d operations for the bottom of the part.