586,110 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Qustion about buying a VH65 4th axis

Question Qustion about buying a VH65 4th axis

I am new to Fadal and have recently acquired a VMC5020. I am wanting to add a 4th axis to it. My question is, can you use either a AC or DC servo driven VH65 on my machine. Mine currently has AC drives on the XYZ axis and the Axis controllers are 1010-5E's. It has the 88HS Control on it as well. The best that I can tell (my eyesight is not what it use to be :frown: )the servo power supply is a GP8510-P818??.

I realize that I will need to get a wiring harness and the Axis controller and servo amplifier. I am wondering if you can mix and match AC/DC servo's?

I appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks!

I am pretty sure you need to keep AC if you currently have AC. Your machine wouldn't have a power supply to run the 4th.
    Someone else here will know for certain.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Thanks DareBee! I was thinking along the same lines, but I wasn't sure. I have been able to find some used 4th axis as well as some Trunnion tables, only they all have been with DC servo's. My guess would be around 1200-1500 per servo to switch them out. That starts narrowing the gap between New and Used.

A 4th isn't cheap.
    I bought my VH65 for $2500usd about a year ago (used), luckily my machine had the board and wiring already installed.
    My uncle was pricing a new Fadal performance and the 4th option was $11000 complete, I don't remember if that was cdn or usd or which model it was but I believe he was pricing the V165P.
    For your newer AC machine you will need the VH165, it appear to me that the AC units have a "1" in front of the designation as opposed to the DC.

Well I just placed my order for the VH165 along with all cards and wiring harness. I just wish it had been 11k CDN. :frown:

My uncles shop just picked up a J-S CNC Diaform Grinder. It has a "special" miniature aftermarket rotary head.
    $65k US replacement - YIKES-

try buying your 4th axis from kmac parts1-248-852-8572