I have a '92 Partner 4 with the Centurion V control and a couple of questions about the software for the mill.

First, I was trying to rough mill out a tapered cone shape. Starts out about 4.5" diameter, goes to 6.5" diameter at Z-1.5". I figured I would just do a tapered thread mill pass around the outside like I was thread milling.... Went into the conversational side and couldn't find the thread milling routine.... read very manual, every scrap of paper and couldn't figure it out, then remembered I had practice on my laptop that I had downloaded the CNC Simulator software off the Milltronics website onto. Ah Ha! There it was, F8 or something that said "Thredmill", so pop in my parameters and run verify and I get my cone like I want.... go back to the mill and F8 thredmill isn't even an option.

So, I assume this was added into the software at some point? Now, if I run the simulator, can I save the program and send it to the Mill and would the mill recognize/understand the program? I can always draw the 3D part in Alibre, export the STL and code it in my CAM system, but the conversational part would be much easier and faster.

Second issue, my machine has the back gear style head, but without the variable speed sheaves, uses the VFD to control rpm. I have the brake air cylinder on the side of the head, I'm not sure why it's there, as at no time do I ever seem to see the brake get actuated. No need during tool changes as I have the air cylinder that pushes down and releases the gripper on the tools. The VFD slows and stops the spindle and doesn't seem to need the brake.

So, what m-code will actually control the solenoid that would kick that brake in? I'd like to use the solenoid, m-code and air output to run mist coolant. Or, given that I have a button, an m-code (M07)
for mist coolant, what/where would I hook a solenoid to run an air line for mist coolant?

Still would like to know what m-code runs the brake though, could always use it for something else...