586,308 active members*
3,837 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Multiple identical parts

Multiple identical parts

Hello, im trying to machine two identical parts, 2 vices one on each vice. I've been playing with the transform toolpaths. Is it possible to get every tool to do all its operations on one part then move to the next one, instead of doing one operation on one part then to the other part while transforming all the toolpaths at once??? Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nakaroto24 View Post
    Hello, im trying to machine two identical parts, 2 vices one on each vice. I've been playing with the transform toolpaths. Is it possible to get every tool to do all its operations on one part then move to the next one, instead of doing one operation on one part then to the other part while transforming all the toolpaths at once??? Thank You!!!
    think you need a post that is made to do this.

Yes it's possible! Group NCI Output by: Operation Order

Quote Originally Posted by Rstewart View Post
    Yes it's possible! Group NCI Output by: Operation Order

That will work if i add a transform toolpaths to every tool but i will end up with too many transform operations.

Quote Originally Posted by nakaroto24 View Post
    That will work if i add a transform toolpaths to every tool but i will end up with too many transform operations.
    How many tools are you using? (who cares if there are a ton of transform toolpaths...if you get the program you want...?)

Although - I think it would be nice to have more options (especially the one you are asking for) in the transform toolpath page...but it works...
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by WallyL7 View Post
    How many tools are you using? (who cares if there are a ton of transform toolpaths...if you get the program you want...?)

Although - I think it would be nice to have more options (especially the one you are asking for) in the transform toolpath page...but it works...

I usually use 10+ tools on every job. Its becoming very time consuming selecting the right operations for every tool. Plus it would save some travel time on the machine.

10 tools is nothing. The thing I like about the transform toolpath is you can completely custom tailor where the machine goes with each tool regarding travel time per tool. Add it within a tools operations, or add it at the end of all of its operations...etc.

Is this a huge production run? If it is, the small amount of extra computer time will be saved exponentially at the machine.
    Tim