586,051 active members*
3,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Orange Co, CA. About a 5 minute walk from Gecko (maker of the popular G540). That's actually what influenced my decision to get the G540, other than it has great reviews. I figured that if I have problems, I can walk over there and hope to be welcomed, lol.

I'm almost done with the build, minus the electronics installation even though I have everything. I'll post more pics on my thread soon. Progress is slow as I only have time to do about 30 minutes of work a day if I'm lucky. I'm in the wood building phase right now so I turn off the router, table saw, and other power tools early for respect of my neighbors.

Once I'm done with the wood cutting, productivity will pick up again because I'll be able to work late at night in the garage with the electronics and other parts of the construction that don't make too much noise. I'm trying to go all out with this build and add as many features as I can fit into the machine. You know, features I'll never use and will only provide for more frustration during installation... yeah, those type of features

Momus in Tulsa

I've had mine for several months, running mach 3 and Vcarve PRO, with an economy Hobby CNC controller.

I'm in southern Indiana and just purchased my plans yesterday.
    No telling when I will actually get started but first I need to study the plans.

Neal

Gold Coast, Australia.

Purchased the plans ages ago, finally have some time to start my build.
    At this stage I'm just reviewing the plans and will convert them to metric sizes based on material sizes available in Australia.

I'm in Creola, AL, just outside of Mobile... completed my v1 machine about 3 months ago and love it... but all these projects my wife keeps making me cut is preventing me from making those much needed tweeks... happy wife, happy life... guess I just need to focus on a v2 machine anyway...

Springville, Ut. Have started on the metal manufacturing of the parts. It will take some time to get the metal parts done as I have access to a drill press at work and am able to drill everything during lunch and breaks

Anderson, South Carolina

Cutting/shaping for V2.0 metal November 2012.

That's two for the Upstate. Hey there billyjack!

-=Doug
    "IT ≠ IQ " Starwalt 1999

Brooklyn Michigan, MIS speedway just down the road. V2 Metal finally all laid out and center punched. Cabinet bottom done without sides, ready for dry fitting. Top is still in a stack on the bench.

48.5 hour build, hmmm think I've stared at the parts that long...

Pensacola, FL

I live in Pensacola, FL. Still have to paint top, add seals and lights, wire motors, switches, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front.jpg   Side.jpg   Top.jpg  

Where am I?

Good day.

I just bought the plans this past weekend. I am scouting out supplies and pricing. Expect to begin building later this winter or early spring. Would like it now but too many projects on the house in front of it.

Best

Matador Mac

Alcalde, New Mexico

Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

I'm in Hampton, Virginia - close to Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
    All the aluminum work is pretty much done, I'm just now cutting the ribs for the torsion box, building up the base for the Momus.
    Check out my build thread in this forum if you want... :-)
    --
    Mac

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.

Still deciding on whether to have a 16x32 work space or jump up to 24x36. Wooden frame is being replaced with a welded aluminum one.

In the process of collecting all the parts to get started. Currently have all the aluminum and steel, bearings, router (Dewalt DW618).

Wellington, New Zealand.

Nearly finished cutting and squaring the plywood for cabinet. Next step will be to put it all together..

Slowly accumulating the metal parts, still no aluminum -- looking at suppliers within Wellington.

Central Virginia, checking in; near Richmond.

Base is assembled, starting on metal work, which is a mostly new forum for me. The extent of my metalworking experience is tapping two holes in an aluminum block, which made me feel like some sort of wizard. I've taken a few pictures, so far, but probably won't post anything until I'm pretty much done.

Hi, I live in Penticton BC. I have just finished my modified Momus, cut some letters with it today, seems to work well.
    Terry
    Regards, Terry Howson

Quote Originally Posted by skylanehku View Post
    Hi, I live in Penticton BC. I have just finished my modified Momus, cut some letters with it today, seems to work well.
    Terry
    Wow that's 3 of us in the Okanagan!

Charters Towers, Australia.

Purchased the plans couple weeks ago and slowly trying to source parts. Finding a supplier of suitable aluminium & steel is proving to be the biggest pain. Need to find some Aussies to network with! Anyway, keen to get started building.

Near Atlantic City, NJ

I just bought the plans a few days ago and in process of aquiring parts. I will post a build thread when ready to actually start assembling..

Happy Father's Day to all the dads on here!!

In Mexico City:
    I bought the plans a couple of months ago. I'm Quoting the metal parts. I hope I'll satrt buldin by mid July. As soon as I start building I'll post pictures.

Page 2 of 3 123