Hi Everyone.
I have been reading these posts with great interest.
I have a flashcut four axis controller and i run version 2.04
I set it up on a benchtop milling machine.
I have never used the fourth axis though I have had the machine quite a few years ago. health problems put everything on hold for a while.
Now I am just starting to get back into everything and could do with some advice please.
I have got to the stage of adding a stepper motor onto the back of a small woodlathe ( carbatec ) and am hoping to run it as the fourth axis on the bed of the milling machine.
I work only with wood and hope to produce nspiral turnings ( barley twist and fluting ) also to decorate and embellish small turnings if possible ( similar to stuff done on those horribly expensive rose engines and holtzappfell lathes of the Victorian time )
I have tried the program cnc wrapper have suffered the same sort of problems as mentioned by densman in the posts about "flashcut fourth axis help needed" when testing the files that come with the program, the display is shown as flat rather than cylindrical and the machine doesnt seem to like the code.
I was also wondering if it would be possible to make the flashcut controller like mach3 as I have read lots of posts saying how good that software is.
Any help or advice that anyone can give me will be very much appreciated.
Best regards.
graham