586,383 active members*
3,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: No opinion!

Page 1 of 3 123

Talking No opinion!

I checked the feedback on Ebay for the person selling the CNC table your looking to bid on.

The seller has 72 positive feedbacks, the problem I see is every single feedback is from something that "tigercnc" has purchased from other sellers on Ebay.

Another thing is this seller only purchased very low dollar items example: $0.99 -$20.00

Now all of a sudden the are selling something for $10,000.00

All I'm saying is be very careful !

If it was me I would have to see it in person first (before parting with 10 grand)

Also are you willing to pay an additional $2,000.00 for shipping? And they are built to order!

The guy might be legit, you never know. He does offer to allow you to see a machine in action at his place. For that much money I would take him up on that offer (If you are serious about buying) Visit first and then buy, he is building to order anyway.

Good Luck...

Update:

I checked his other listing it says he is shipping from "Los Angeles"!

So he is building the machine to order,(In Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin) And Shipping the machine from LA?

Sounds very Odd to me!

Something doesn't read right here. One piece, cast iron bed on a 4'X8' machine but the machine weighs less than a standard Bridgeport.....something is odd.

Not to mention the stats on the machine sound like something you would find on a much more expensive machine - I will be willing to bet the water cooled spindle (if from a reputable manufacturer) costs nearly $10K.

If this machine is for real, I want one. I doubt this is anything more than the same scam Daves-not-here discovered last month.

Be careful!

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

You are a sales guy, aren't you?

OK. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt - he's new, trying to get started in a business.

Why don't you pony up $12K, buy this machine and then write a comprehesive review of the legitamacy of the machine and the support - for the benefit of the new business owner as well as the thousands of folks on this board.

Scott

A business should be run as a business, especially when this kind of money is involved.

Money Order or Cashiers Check?
    Never, ever pay someone you do not know that kind of money this way, there is not the protection that credit cards offer. A real vendor who handles this kind of money can and will afford the merchant fees that credit cards charge. A merchant PayPal account is not hard to set up either.
    No shipping insurance offered? So who pays when it "falls off the truck"
    Even if this is completely legit it is set up to be indistinguishable from fraud.
    A responsible business person recognizes the doubts of his potential clients and addresses them so that even the most paranoid buyer's fears are allayed.
    David
    www.solsylva.com

China, Japan, Germany, and Taiwan all in one machine??? OPINIONS PLEASE !!!
    Everything I said, is my OPINION, Isn't that why you started this post? (For others opinions)

Question: Do you work for this company?

If the company is legit, then no defense is required.

Sol said it best - "Even if this is completely legit it is set up to be indistinguishable from fraud."

Scott

Sorry to get you all worked up.

Relax. There is no need to yell.

Most folks on this board have designed, built and been surrounded by machines their entire life and know what's involved to make such equipment. You came asking for opinions. I gave mine and I will stand by it.

Go to this guy's shop and give the machine a spin and get more details. If this is legit, it really is an awesome deal and I am sure he will be met with a great deal of future business.

Scott

FYI... Note how they fudged the picture to cover up something to the left of the '1325'.

By all means, keep us informed.

Thanks!

Scott

I'm preparing to buy my first (small) CNC engraver so I became a very active...reader here. Far from me to think about that kind of "monster" you are talking about, but since this discution turned so hot I thought its interesting to find what is behind these chinese mixtures. I'm a novice in CNC so I cant advice anyone what to buy or not, but what I cant understand here is not CNC related but just a common sense matter: these "things" have NO names (nothing to cover in a picture). The parts are also "made in", no brand, no information. If the bearings or ballscrews are made...lets say by INA, why is so hard to mention that; hard to believe that each unit comes with parts from a different manufacturer. The inverter is "taiwan" (a well known company ) ) and the spindle comes from "worldwidemotors inc."
    Sorry if you already know this link: http://www.petitt57.com/page20.html
    ....but if not, maybe its the time to take a look.
    Good luck!

Hi bfreesebfreese,
    I am sorry if my doubts offended you, I probably am too quick to judge

I have emailed tigercnc through Ebay and have not received any info yet; a Google search finds nothing pertinent for Tiger CNC or Tiger Tec and Tigercnc.com is a little outfit here in NC, not Wisconsin.
    You have been able to get through to David of Tigercnc, would you please share his email address and point us to the websites that give any info about his company?

Off topic. . .Are you the bonsai plant guy? We used to play around with that a bit, handsome stuff!

Thanks! :cheers:
    David
    www.solsylva.com

Thanks!
    Is this the same David Slowinski that does all the work in Chippewa Falls with Cray Computer, the Prime Number Guru?!
    Well CNC does attract math nerds. . .

Thanks for the info!
    David
    www.solsylva.com

Well the guy is slow to answer email but a call did verify that it is the math guy. How ‘bout that?

I told him about this thread and asked about credit cards, escrow etc. He said he would post here to clear things up. He is still new to this import-export stuff and trying to get things straight.
    Reminds me of the expression "Never attribute to malice that which can be can be explained by naivete." Kind of wonder if he may have bit off more than he might want to chew though.
    Anyway, we shall see, eh?
    David
    www.solsylva.com

Okay, I know this is getting stale, but I'll pass this on.
    Mr. Slowinski sent an email that rehashed the above post, he acknowledged that he "had some homework to do" and was setting up systems for Paypal and credit cards as well as getting insurance straightened out.

So my baloney detector has dropped from pegging the red end to settling in the caution zone; it isn't that I do not trust his sincerity, but because he does indeed have some homework to do.
    For what it is worth, here is an Interesting link about some of what he has done with Cray. http://www.isthe.com/chongo/tech/mat...ime_press.html
    David
    www.solsylva.com

Page 1 of 3 123