586,094 active members*
3,830 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

China ball screws

I have my machine( mostly) assembled and the funds for the ball screws. Im thinking of using LinearMoton2008. Using 2510 on x and y and 1610 on the z. My question is are they good screws. I have not spared any monies on the build to this point and will hold out for a quality screw if necessary.
    Anyone using them and how are they holding up?
    This is for a 24x48 router with 25mm Hiwin rails and Dmm Servos
    Thanks in advance
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wantacnc View Post
    ............ Im thinking of using LinearMoton2008. Using 2510 on x and y and 1610 on the z. My question is are they good screws. .............Thanks in advance
    Joe
    Hi wantacnc a good few guys converting their Mills over in the benchtop machines Benchtop Machines - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net! forum are using those screws, have a look at the G0704, BF20, PM25 threads and similar to get a feed back on the linearmotion supplies, also have a look at these too Ball Screws - Ballscrew - Part Numbers - Roton Products, Block and Rail in USA with the Keling link scroll down to check their BallScrews and it appears that both Kelling and LinearMotion seem to supply the same product....! I myself bought from Keling at the time they were cheaper but check out the current prices yourself and recently I purchased from Roton and their prices are hard to beat.....!
    Also have a look at Hoss's threads and homepage g0704.com he's the ultimate of info answers and send him a PM or post on his thread...

good luck with your build......
    Eoin

Red face

Oops sorry wantacnc I forgot to answer or include in my last post the answer to your actual question but as I said Keling and LinearMotion seem to supply the same product and I bought from Keling and yup I'm very happy to say they are good for repeatable accuracy...
    Eoin

Well i have done a bunch of thread reading and have decided to order my ball screws from Chai at Linearmotion. The corrispondance and price is good with him and I dont see any unhappy people here on the build threads.
    One question he didnt reply to me on is if there is a import charge for the screws once it comes into the US. Possibly he doesnt know.... I guess ill find out soon enough.

I received my servo motor kit from DMM out of Canada and there was a 80.00 COD charge for the shipping from UPS when I picked them up.
    I am looking foward to getting this machine up and running.
    Joe

Chai is a solid guy and supplies a very good product for the money. You'd be hard pressed to find anything equivalent at the price. Just don't pester him with "where's my stuff" e-mails :-)

Well tracking the package from China looks like package arrived in ANCHORAGE, AK. Wont be long I can continue with this machine. Ordered late last week from Linear Motion and may possibly have before this weekend. Working on my Z axis. I have all the table cross braces ready but didn't want them in the way until I get the screws and motors on. Hopefully will have this done in the next few months.
    Joe