586,105 active members*
3,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Enclosures

Page 7 of 7 567
    hey mike do u have any pictures of mine? im very currious what it looks like.. looking at all bling bling ones is teasing me

sent u a email

Dan
    while I am sitting here cooking your boards, thought I would post one With CANCNC boards.
    mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0034.jpg   IMG_0033.jpg   IMG_0029.jpg   IMG_0030.jpg  

cancnc board? it looks great and very clean..

Sure Candcnc And Some Others Make Great Boards But Do They Cowboys And Coyotes. I Think Not!!!! See Below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0043.jpg  

Dan
    Here is yours.
    That last post was a joke by the way.
    mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0046.jpg   IMG_0044.jpg   IMG_0047.jpg   IMG_0048.jpg  

Almost wired danosb
    mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0050.jpg  

Bump!

This was such a cool thread, and it just kind of petered out. I don't know if the enclosures are still available, but I'll bet by now there are more people who may want one.

Best,

BW

What is your source for motors? I keep searching eBay and all I can find there is a guy that wants to sell only and his prices seem a bit high for what he offers. I've got all the electronics worked out but having trouble finding some high torq motors.

Thanks,
    Greg

p.s. Your system looks great and if I were really new to this I would consider it, since others are asking much more just for the controller system.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaws1172
    4. 3 ea. ametek 38volt - 12amp motors with encoders

Tell me what you think. The price is $1850 and I am only going to make one or two.
    mike

Sorry for the slow reply, have been gone. I still have a couple of enclosures and will do another run if there is interest. I haven't had any complaints about them so they must be working out.
    As far as the motors go, I bought 12 but don't know where to buy more. If you are still looking let me know and i will try and help.
    mike

Mike, I have just read this thread throughout and have to say I am less than impressed with your enclosures.

The reason is simple...

They make my modded pc tower containing electronics look like crud.

Sure the db25 connection for the pc interface card looks at home in a pc tower, but you have shown how nice a purpose built enclosure can be. I am still going to use the pc tower but you can be sure it will be one of the first things to go if/when I upgrade the machine (gotta build it first ....) and to hell with the ballscrew upgrade.

:wee:

Russell.

Thanks. (I think)
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by epineh
    Mike, I have just read this thread throughout and have to say I am less than impressed with your enclosures.

The reason is simple...

They make my modded pc tower containing electronics look like crud.

First he says that he is less than impressed with your enclosules then he says that they make his pc tower look like crud. ???????????????????

I read it as your enlosures are better than his. So what is he complaining about.
    If it's not nailed down, it's mine.
    If I can pry it loose, it's not nailed down.

To clarify, it was a joke, Mike's enlosures are excellent, and the post was meant as a compliment. After having a look at his enclosure, I am seriously considering re-hashing my setup to a more professional finish.

Sorry for the confusion.

Russell.

Hey Mike - Where do you get those little parallel extension cable dealies? The ones that you have going from the board to the back of the enclosure.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452

I make them. You can order the parts from digikey or others. Or tell me what you need and I will send you some.
    mike

Page 7 of 7 567