586,036 active members*
3,823 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RFQ for Guitar modeling

I am interested in a price quote for the modeling of a soundboard and back of a hollowbody guitar. Carver replied to my last quote so he is top of the list for this one as the other one fizzled. Thanks. Attached is a pic of the front of the guitar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails doc.jpg  

Hello osoloco69,
    this is my first post here, so a little introduction may be helpful:
    I work in a sunglasses company as designer, so i do a lot of 3D modeling using various software and i also do CNC programming for parts and molds. Worked for a while in a big automotive company designing plastic injection moulds. I am now planning to buy a CNC machine so i can play a little with this I was attracted by your request because i play guitar too and i would like to build a guitar too.

this said, i think that i can maybe help you.... just a few basic questions:
    1. do you already have in mind the shape of your guitar or the design is part of the modeling you're askin for?
    2. do you know the exact size and position of pickups, switches, jacks and so on?
    3. do you need just the model or do you want G-CODE for machining as well?

thanks

Gianluca

The guitar shown is the exact shape for the top plate. This is a 25.5" scale, and the P'ups are in the correct place. I only need the top and back plates modeled and the g-code, because I am going to use a through-neck design and the neck will be shaped to the top and back. The switches, jacks, and f-holes will be installed post cutting for the purposes of customization. Basically all Im looking for is a mirrored top and back plate and the top needs P'ups space routed. Thanks for your interest.

I think i can do this for you. i am going to need some measurements tough. if you want you can contact me at [email protected] for further information

im a guitar manufacturer and we specialize in building for other companies...but we would have to talk more about what you want done

PM me. I can 3D probe the Guitar Body and make the surfaces identical to the original.