586,060 active members*
4,154 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question siemens servos and drives

hi, im new to this fourm,

and i am about to build a 3x6 ft extrusion based cnc that i plan on using to mill 6061-t6 aluminum and would like to know your thoughts on the siemens servo motors and drives. Specifically the SINAMICS s110 drive and the 1fk7060-5af71-1ua0 servo motor with a power rating of 1.48 kW package that i saw available for 1199 euros. Also i will be using this in a ball screw setup and this is my first extrusion based builds, so if possible can any of you send me some tips on this type of cnc.

Thanks, Victor

vlam3327

The siemen motors & drives are good, But how are you going to run them what control & software are you going to use, if Mach3 then they need to be able to take step/dir signals, If they do not, then you should look at Dmm servo motors & drives

http://www.dmm-tech.com/
    Mactec54

i am planning to be using the SINUMERIK 828D for the control but i still not sure about which software i will be using as i do not yet know about the step/dir signals.

vlam3327

If your plan is to use the SINUMERIK 828D control,then you will be using there software that suits/goes with that control
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    vlam3327

.....then you should look at Dmm servo motors & drives
    stop selling ur brand of stuff on this open forum; that is not an ethical reply. if u say "then you should look at Dmm servo motors & drives OR EQUIVALENT" then ok. get with the program.

mike_Kilroy
    stop selling ur brand of stuff on this open forum; that is not an ethical reply. if u say "then you should look at Dmm servo motors & drives OR EQUIVALENT" then ok. get with the program.

As I have told you before I do not SELL the DMM servo system, I use there system along with other servo systems, With what Valm3327 is building the DMM system is a very good fit
    Mactec54

Mike you are guilty of promoting yourself and company on the forums quoting repairs and your E-mail address.I do not mind as you have good knowledge and I follow your posts as well as mactec.Just noticed,Mike you even give your phone #.
    Larry
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

If you want to use SINUMERIK 828D the drives would be the SINAMICS S120 series.

Just as a reminder, this is taken right out of the Forum Rules and Codes of Practice.

POSTING ADVIRTISEMENTS
    This is a forum of ideas, so advertisements are not allowed in this venue. A member may answer another members question about their occupation or business; however, if you are a rep, manufacturer, distributor or retailer for any product you cannot solicit, offer, promote, or market this product in the discussion forums. Offering support or technical answers for the item being discussed is permitted based on the criteria listed above. Please seek out the advertising information CNCzone has available to promote your products.

Should there be a new product announcement please use the Product Announcement and Manufacturer News Forum provided, or seek out information for advertising with CNCzone . This forum is not to be used for advertisement purposes, strictly announcements and news.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.