586,108 active members*
3,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Cut3d and Vcarve pro or Aspire

Cut3d and Vcarve pro or Aspire

All:

I have been looking and trial running some of vectrics software. Love the capability and it is well aligned with my goals fo signs, sculpting, and rotary turnings (wrapped 4th axis work). While not saying anything about Aspires capabilities I am budget constrained for my hobby so cost has to enter into the equation.

According to their compare product page lProducts - Software Comparison
    if I don't care about lithophane or photos (which I don't) then purchasing Vcarepro and Cut3d gives me everything in aspire except 3d modeling/sculpting. I recently purchased Rhino3d and figure that could handle the 3d modeling sculpting aspect.

This way I only invest ~850.00 (not counting the rhino cost) instead of ~2000.00

What are your opinions about my plan of attack on software to drive my CNC machine (will also have a 4th rotarty axis)

Appreciate your opinions, Steven
    Inspiring Thought for the Day:

Some people are like slinkies ... Not really good for anything....but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

All:

Thanks for the views. I was hoping to get a read from someone that had done similarly to make sure I was not overlooking any capability. I will ask on the vectric forums as soon as a moderator approves my forum account over there.

Thanks again, Steven

Some people are like slinkies ... Not really good for anything....but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

V-Carve Pro is a good place to start, and should you decide to ,ove to Aspire down the road, then you'll get nearly full credit of the V-Carve Pro purchase price towards Aspire.3
    As for Cut3D, you may want to look at cheaper and/or more powerful alternatives, like MeshCAM or DeskProto (hobby license).
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the alternative suggestions to cut3d. I will go research them. In the build of this CNC machine I have done enough research to earn a Phd I think. When your buddies start talking about motors and you ask servo or steppe then what the inductance is they give you weird looks

rhino very great with solids also has a lot for meshes..

look for sub d modelers, they makes the organic modeling next rhino what actually strong on solidmodeling..
    rhino has a modul called clayooo.. however you get almost same capability with hexagon , silo or the latest is glise.. all these under and around 50 dollar..

for free theres blender