586,106 active members*
3,201 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Drill Plates Quoted

My first time using this forum for a quote, so I may mess up with the pic., but here goes.
    I need quotations for 4 different drill plates. The picture attached is typical. All are 4" by 6" by 3/8" in thick. This is a first article, primarily for testing purposed, so CRS is the preferred material. I may even accept 6061, Alum. if the price is better.
    Needs to be done on a CNC mill with all holes +/- .005. from a datum point on each plate. Outside edges of the plates are not critical so all four can be done from one set up on a larger piece of mtl. and then sawed to 4X6. I will provide cad files for each part, in your preferred format. At this time they are AutoCad drawings, .dwg. If you need additional information before quoting, please let me know.

Regards, D. Lee
    Attached Files Attached Files

Got a PM with some good observations, so I am adding the following.
    1. Material can be CRS or even Alum. as this is just a test plate to see if my hole locations are correct. I then plan to follow up with an order made from hardened tool steel.
    2. The reason I requested drilled on CNC is because if it is initially done by CNC the supplier will have a cam file that can be used to generate a duplicate plate out of tool steel.
    3. I am open to suggestions, this is a home project and I need to keep my cost down. The wife already thinks I am spending too much time and money on this.
    4. Attached are drawings of all 4 plates

Can someone tell me how to attach a drawing file to a PM. response, I don't see any place for an attachment?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bid Accepted

Thanks to all who submitted bids on this project. A bid has been accepted and the work assigned.
    Regards,
    DennisLee