586,061 active members*
4,414 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

laser tracing but not cutting?

Hi,

Just got my new Chinese laser, using lasercut 5.3. I have aligned it all fine. I hope.

But, when it comes to actually cutting something, the laser head will trace the outline of the piece, but the laser will not actually fire. Now I know the laser works thanks to the laser text button, (I also managed to cut out using the 'clip box' button just to see if it would...and it did) but I have no clue what is going on here.

HELP!

What power setting are you using Mac?

Under 10 - 15% the tubes won't fire reliably.

best wishes

Dave

reset the datum somehow?

Hi,

I was using about 50% power...but now that isn't the issue any more. At least, not the most pressing issue...

Now my laser decides the datum is top right, instead of top left. it will not move left. at all. so it won't cut, as it won't even consider moving any further into the bed of the laser.

I have reinstalled the drivers and all sorts, but it just is not loving me in anyway, shape or form.

Hiya Mac,

That can be changed in the software, ill take a look when I get into the workshop but it's an easy change

best wishes

Dave

Appreciate it. I have literally just discovered that , if the head is in the bed (moved manually) then the left button sends the head right. and the right button..send the head right.

This does not seem very good...

Hi,

would you like to send me some videos or some pics of your problem to my email address? Then i could see the problem clearly. I wish i could help you!

We are manufacturer for Laser Machines which also use Laser Cut 5.3.Our company is Jinan G.Weike.

My email address: [email protected].

We are having the same "tracing but not cutting" issue from time to time. We know the laser can cut: we've managed to make some things before. But we are trying to follow the same steps, and we're getting very inconsistent results: even editing the same project sometimes leads to failure in cutting.

We've got a Hugo from Hurricane Lasers (80W) and we're using LaserCut 5.3 (it appears to be primarily a Chinese version, though: not everything is in English). Generally, we think we know what we're supposed to do:

1) open your bitmap project. Set it as one color to engrave & update the speed/power for that color.
    2) draw a circle around the project. Set it as another color to cut & update the speed/power for that color.
    3) Export & Profit.

We've tried various powers and speeds for the cutting (it seems that lower powers may not fire reliably from what I've seen on the forum).

But, as mentioned, sometimes it cuts, and sometimes it doesn't. It's just. . . weird.

-MJD