586,069 active members*
3,587 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > TL2 Alarm 475 Can't find real time clock

TL2 Alarm 475 Can't find real time clock

OK, I started getting this alarm about 3 or 4 months ago. Tried to get some help from local Haas service rep. took forever for him to get back to me and after texting thru a partial trouble shoot we never completed the repair/diagnosis. The alarm comes on at bootup, but I have just been ignoring it and the machine has been running fine. Well, a below freezing night here in OK and when I tried booting up all kinds of alarms going off. 123 spindle drive fault, 117 overvolt, 475 real time clock. Anyway, cycle on of a few times and it begins to be obvious that the memory is gone and parameters need to be reloaded. I guess what I need to know here is if my problem was a backup battery and the lack of response from my service rep is the cause of my larger problems today, what can I expect from Haas? Backing up is a necessary pain with any computer system, but even more so with the CNC. Needless to say my irresponsibility, has cost me many hours and programs. I don't figure I'll be able to retrieve them, huh? Thanks for listening. One more thing, Is this backup battery for the real time clock something like a watch or calculator battery in a PC? Is it in the controller or the big box in the back?

Re: TL2 Alarm 475 Can't find real time clock

Haas TM 1P Battery Replacement and Full System Recovery Repair (Error 250, Error 124, Error 475)

Quote Originally Posted by teacherjon View Post
    Haas TM 1P Battery Replacement and Full System Recovery Repair (Error 250, Error 124, Error 475)
    Thank you for posting this video. I followed instructions to replace my battery and finally got my machine backup and going but I still have the 475 RTC not found alarm. Can you tell me how to fix this?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyH View Post
    Thank you for posting this video. I followed instructions to replace my battery and finally got my machine backup and going but I still have the 475 RTC not found alarm. Can you tell me how to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Did you watch the video at 14:25 and go through those procedures?

Yes. Watched all of it but my clock was not there. Went back and watched it again and then search my control for the clock and finally found it. Mine was under the help menu, 07 model. That did take care of the alarm on my SL30. Thank you for your help......

You did a GREAT JOB of putting this video together....