586,075 active members*
4,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Mills > winnc32 install problem on emco pcmill 125

winnc32 install problem on emco pcmill 125

hi a friend uses the above program on his pcmill 125 and unfortunately sufferred a hard drive failure. the hard drive was totally gone and i've installed a new drive and did a clean install of windows 98 for him. i've also done an install of winnc32 but am having an error message on startup saying "spectron sp manager no drivers specified in spmgr32.ini" it then returns to the desktop and states that "spmgr32.dll cannot start" it doesn't go into the program at all. i've spoken to support but they're baffled and have never heard of the error. they suggested reinstalling the program which i've now done several times to no effect. i've tried moving the pccom card to another slot, and have checked the connection the pcmill 125 itself and all seem ok. totally baffled here guys and any help will be most appreciated

Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to remember it to be windows 98E of the machine to function. In my case, a lathe Emco PC Turn 120.
    But this ought to know better support.

it is win98SE that i installed, last i heard they were still waiting for support to "try and find a copy" of the software, TBH the one's in support that i spoke to were a bunch of cowboys and i advised my friend to just bite the bullet and update the software (from a more reliable company), not sure what he's done as i haven't seen him for a while now

Then we hope that someone else can find fault.
    There is little information on other forums about Emco mill. You may google