Hi,

im new here, ive been looking into building a cnc router after see'ing what people have made on the internet.
Im currently a cnc operator for a steel engineering company, but i just want to use a this build for wood.

im going to design it using autocad/inventor or alibre, which ever im using most of at the time then hopefully build it this year, well thats the plan.

ive got few ideas and equipment to start with, unsure whether to build a small one just for A4 sized wood/engraving or A3, preferably A3.

but before i start, im unsure whether the frame work im thinking of will be strong enough, so would appreciate some advice please.

i have have 40 x 40 bosch extrusion framework to use, and was hoping to use it for the whole frame, would this be strong enough?
i thought of doubling it up but then wondered if it would start effecting the precision of the machine when having to drill the holes for the bolts or adding plates to keep them together as the may be slightly out when assembling.

any advice is much appreciated, ill no doubt have more questions later, but this will get me started