586,364 active members*
3,041 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Rotozip Dimensions??

I've been lookingfor the dimensions for the rotozip to size my cnc router accordingly so that it can be used down the road if needed. However I can't find the dimensions anywhere. Does anyone know what the height and width of the rotozip is??

Thanks

moserators: please move if in wrong forum, didn't really know where to post this

I have an RZ01, it's approximately 2.75 inches in diameter in the center, and 9 inches long including the collet.

Ahh, Thanks for the dimensions How does it work for you?? Do you use it on a CNC router??

I'm using it on a CNC machine, yes. It's a bit on the noisy side, but has enough power to cut with 1/4" router bits as long as you don't take things too fast. I found the runout of the chuck to be excessive, especially when using 1/8" bits, so I bought standard 1/8" collet for it and it's cutting much nicer. I still use the chuck for 1/4" bits, and it's also good to have around for odd sizes you might want to use. I slow it down with a variac occasionally to keep down on the noise. If you plan to do the same, Harbor Freight sells a speed controller that should work well with it.