586,076 active members*
3,894 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > IPT file problems? or Post processor?

IPT file problems? or Post processor?

I am using an imported inventor file in ipt form. In mastercam I am using the generic haas 4 axis post processor with my haas vf-2 Mill. Something isnt right. Cutter is deviating slightly from the toolpath. Is that the best post for that mill? does it need any adjustments? would i have better luck using a step or another file format?

That post should be fine. I can't imagine it just deviates at random. Are you sure there isn't something else going on?

When you backplot does it look perfect? Does it verify correctly?

If you post the file someone may be able to shed some more light on it.
    Tim

It is not the post or the file it is in the programming of the file. you need to share your MC file or tell us how you are programming it and the basics of the shape.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Here is the file i'm working with. If anybody would be inclined I would love to hear step by step how you would work with it from import to posting and in between. I know I definitely need the practice. It is an mcx file i just changed the file name.
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I open the file and no paths to see what the issue was. Sorry can not help you if I do not know what is wrong.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .