586,035 active members*
3,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Type3

Page 3 of 3 123
    I checked the version I was supplied with Type3 HQ, they told me it was a pirate copy, even though it came with a dingle. McAffee and other antivirus software also reported it as a trojan.
    I bought and trialed other CAM packages but for text engraving they came no where near close to type 3. I've since bought a version called 'simplified chinese' and that's a genuine version, again from China. A few hundred pounds rather than several thousand as it is here in the EU.
    Regs Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mark_Vaughan View Post
    It sounds like you hve the wrong post processor selected. The people that supplied you with your router, and type3 should have supplied you with a post processor for the machine, if they haven't and type3 is genuine you may be able to get some support from them. You can get access to the post processor file, you will note an option there when you post code of change machine, type3 don't seem to provide instrcutions for this but by fiddling with some parts and viewing the posted code you can mod some of it yourself. You can alter your M3, and add your other M commands here.

Some of the mods you make though are a little odd, M and G code does vary slightly between machines M commands being more machine specific, but M3 is near always standard for start spindle.
    G1 Z100. > GO Z1 G1 to G0 bit just changes from a feedrate feed to rapid speed move. Z100 is probably to get the tool up to a safe distance above the work before other moves occur. Many people operate their Z axis differently, Z is usually parked up where Z=zero (machine co-ords), then you bring Z down to touch onto the workpiece and reset Z (work coords) to zero. Depending on your machine it may now be able to achieve a Z100 command. Within type 3, this will be controlled in teh machine dimensions, or part of the tool setup, I do recall type3 doing something a little odd here, but don't have a working version at present. But look in those areas for a figure of 100 change it and see what happens.

Your F feed commands are all changed in your tool table, and you can edit them when you edit yours tools.

I hope that helps you get started. I would however try contacting type3 from their web site to see if they will give you any support. It would be nice if they sent someone an instruction set for their post processor that we might all share (one can always hope). If your copy turns out to be fake, they'll just refuse support.

Regs Mark
    Type3 is the property of Vision Numeric in Bruseau France. They licenced th Chinese goverment until 14,300 licences were sold. Somewhere around 2009 they stopped supporting customers including their main distribution point of China. They recently Announced a deal with China where Catia5CAD software and type3 are a joint venture in China. You can buy type3 online from several sites. Vision Numeric Type3 CAD/CAM Software Solutions seems to be the one here. There is a lot of capability in type 3 which can be found by looking at the manual available at http://cadfamily.com/download.ASP?ID=293439 It cover things like digitizing in 2 and 3D and how to assemble their library of solids and line art into machinable parts. The interface is deceptively simple and finding all the capability in this software without reading the manual would be really hard. If you are useing the NCstudio that usually comes bundled with type 3 the file is saved in type 3 as
    fanuc 16M/0M You "install a printer" as the output from type3 from the included library of printers. The printer name is fanuc16M/0M. If the type3 is used to drive the CNC router directly check the box "use windows spooler" which acts like a cache to sequence the output.
    wizzardworks

Quote Originally Posted by PEsystem View Post
    DSP or Syntec controlled CNC machine problem, I can solve. Also, Type3 software for Version 4.3 . [email protected]
    R U Mr/ Roony lang from roctech company ???

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wizzardworks View Post
    Type3 is the property of Vision Numeric in Bruseau France. They licenced th Chinese goverment until 14,300 licences were sold. Somewhere around 2009 they stopped supporting customers including their main distribution point of China. They recently Announced a deal with China where Catia5CAD software and type3 are a joint venture in China. You can buy type3 online from several sites. Vision Numeric Type3 CAD/CAM Software Solutions seems to be the one here. There is a lot of capability in type 3 which can be found by looking at the manual available at http://cadfamily.com/download.ASP?ID=293439 It cover things like digitizing in 2 and 3D and how to assemble their library of solids and line art into machinable parts. The interface is deceptively simple and finding all the capability in this software without reading the manual would be really hard. If you are useing the NCstudio that usually comes bundled with type 3 the file is saved in type 3 as
    fanuc 16M/0M You "install a printer" as the output from type3 from the included library of printers. The printer name is fanuc16M/0M. If the type3 is used to drive the CNC router directly check the box "use windows spooler" which acts like a cache to sequence the output.
    wizzardworks
    I do not know where you got these numbers and information but a few rectification needs to be made here.

First of all Vision numeric is part of Gravotech group since 2007. Gravotech is the leader in the permanent engraving market.
    The Vision numeric HQ is located in France at Brussieu and not Bruseau and should moved this summer closer to Lyon vicinities for a bigger building. The number of licenses worlwide is estimated at more than 50000 licenses, and China is actually the smallest representation of Vision numeric market. Vision numeric still support their customers through their American, Australian, Europeans and Asian representations and resellers network.

There is no joint venture whatsoever in China with Catia Dassault Systems and Vision numeric. There is however a comon development of an Add-on to Catia V5 of a couple of tools for texts and mapping integrated from Type3. This common development is under the CAA V5 program and started in 2002 not in 2009 as you stated.

You cannot purchase Type3 online.
    Except Vision Numeric Type3 CAD/CAM Software Solutions all your links are brokened.
    Type3 does not work with Solids but Surfaces and does a really good job in wrapping on cylinder, cone and various type of surfaces.
    There is no "NCStudio" with Type3. Type3 is a complete Artistic CAD/CAM package capable of outputing on any CNC, G-Code based, HPGL, DXF and many other industrial formats and not only FANUC.

In the list of postprocessor as of Version 10 of Type3 you can find more than 650 posptrocessors to the master DVD.

Type3 also provides specific output for Gravograph machines and in that case may result to install a printer as an output but none of the available postprocessor running FANUC output from the windows Spooler except specific case but this would not be Fanuc 16M/0M.

Typically Type3 can run 99.9% of the CNC built.

Hoping that would correct some incorrect information.

Greeko

type3

Quote Originally Posted by keneuro View Post
    Hello ken here
    go http//iehk.net/download/type3.pdf or send me your email address
    I will send pdf to you
    Ken
    hello ken,
    i need a bit help. i'm german and i'm living in new zealand. i'm working with type3 since a year! but still don't know enough about it. maybe you got an german manuell for me?
    would be great if you can help me!!!
    thx ronny

type3

:drowning:

hey guys,
    i need help, i'm using type3 since a year for engraving and other stuff, but i'm still not familiar enough to use all the nice options! maybe one of you got the german manuell for me?
    i appreciate every help!!!
    thx for the moment!!!
    ronny

Quote Originally Posted by belphnaque View Post
    Dear Friends !

Unfortunately I lost my English users manual book of Type with the original installation cd, and I only have a German one (printed big red book), which I cannot understand as well as an English one.

Do you anyone have any ideas, how to get the english version in printed ot pdf or any other useful format please ?

I asked the support team, they don't deliver it to me, I haven't the cd already to find the pdf, and I have no college, who would use this.

Could you help me please ?

Thank you !
    Daniel
    hello daniel,
    my problem is that i'm looking for the german manuell. i think i got the english one as pdf, is there a possibillity that we can trade? i will have a look for the pdf and come back to you!
    thx ronny

hey greeko,
    i tried that, but they told me i got a cracked version from china, so they are not supplie me with anything. they want me to buy the new software for almost 4000 dollar! so i'm still looking for the german manuell! thx

Smile

Not that expensive my same name brother, the Type3 V4.3 version is just several hundred USD. I am CNC machine technical engineer. Hope I can help you something.

If they provide you with support even just for a few months and you are sure to get your Return On Investment (i.e. manufacturing parts) I would do it.

What do you machine by the way?

hi
    if u stell interseted by type3 software , i can provide u v2008
    mail me to "[email protected]"

aekdz Guest
    [QUOTE=carillon;1001177]hi

aekdz Guest

Smile type3

Quote Originally Posted by Rite45wD View Post
    is there a possibillity that we can trade? i will have a look for the pdf and come back to you!
    hello
    i don't undestund exactly what u mean, if need something about type3,please contact me to "[email protected]"
    regards

aekdz Guest

type3

Quote Originally Posted by Rite45wD View Post
    is there a possibillity that we can trade? i will have a look for the pdf and come back to you!
    sorry sent to "[email protected]"

aekdz Guest

type3 v2008

Quote Originally Posted by carillon View Post
    hi
    if u stell interseted by type3 software , i can provide u v2008
    mail me to "[email protected]"
    if steel interested to type3 V2008 , i can provide u the link of official website
    and there u can ask them for training if want , the have ssesion training for advanced and beguiner, in france or other place,but i thing u must buy the soft first, but possible had new soft in 2011

ZHBUSBConnect_E + Suda SD1212 + Type3 ???

Anybody whose got this combination and some experience? I've been struggling for a week now to get somewhere. I cant get type3 to save a g-code/.cnc of my work. Its grayed out in the machining window where I need to do create/run the whole bloody thing. The file path has three boxes for the folder, name and suffix (which is greyed out). ZHB is the program used to communicate with the machine but now ZHB doesnt have ears or Type3 no mouth??? How can I get the g-code from type3 to ZHB into the machine???

Any help please...

Hi there. I have Type3 v.4.2. Do anyone know how old this version is? I would like to get 2008 or anything newer than 4.2. It got some problems in windows 7 I think. Can anybody help?:wave:

type3

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Rud View Post
    Hi there. I have Type3 v.4.2. Do anyone know how old this version is? I would like to get 2008 or anything newer than 4.2. It got some problems in windows 7 I think. Can anybody help?:wave:
    well, mail me, [email protected]

Hello Rune Rud, the version 4.2 is dated from 1999.
    If you want to run Type3 with the latest Operating System I would recommend Version 11 which is compatible with Windows 8.

You seem based in Norway so I would recommend you fill the form on the Season's Greetings 2013 website:

Type3 2D, 2,5D, 3D artistic CAD CAM software solutions for engraving, sculpting, cutting, texturing, sign making, jewelry, jewellery for CNC and laser machines*

And get in touch with your Type3 representative this way.

Page 3 of 3 123