586,115 active members*
3,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: New Project

Post New Project

Hi All,
    Please i need your help.

I'm looking forward to buy a CNC Vertical Milling Machine to make injection plastic Molds and Blow Molding (All molds are made from hardened steel) and Max dimensions for the Mold are 50*50 Cm.

The Problem is i don't know how to select the milling machine, there are a lot of kind with a lot of specifications,,,can anyone help me to choose the machine specifications ??

I have another question, is there any kind of camera or a machine that read the 3D dimensions of a product and enter this dimensions automatic to the CNC Milling Machine???

Quote Originally Posted by fidodido1322 View Post
    I'm looking forward to buy a CNC Vertical Milling Machine to make injection plastic Molds and Blow Molding (All molds are made from hardened steel) and Max dimensions for the Mold are 50*50 Cm.
    I'm no expert on this, but I'm told that frequently you make a model of one side of a part, then use that model, and an EDM machine, to burn a cavity into the mold.

I have another question, is there any kind of camera or a machine that read the 3D dimensions of a product and enter this dimensions automatic to the CNC Milling Machine???
    There are numerous 3D scanners available. Some of these can scan a complex object very rapidly. Most use a laser. Google "3D scanner"

A few people have built mechanical scanners using a mill and a touch probe to actually feed a probe in until it touches the object. The laser scanners are fast, this process is very slow.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

i have another question, which is the best program to draw with? is it powershape? solidworks?....???
    And what is the best Cam u think??

Is there any difference between the Fanuc and Mitsubishi and siemens? which one is easier to use and which has advantages?

Hardened steel and a precise 3D scanner, you are looking at 150.000 Dollar+++