586,100 active members*
2,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Newfangled Circle wizard problem

Hi All,

I'm looking to be educated some on using the Newfangled Circle Cutting Wizard. When I attempt to use it, I keep getting a small movement out side the circle which creates a small arc in my work piece. I'm trying to cut an inside circle, so that creates a defect in the part.
    I am enclosing the code generated by the wizard and a screen shot showing the little "dogleg" that it makes.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Terry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails circle2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cutter comp

I posted your code in NCPlot and it looks fine. I would bet that it is how and when the cutter comp is applied that you are seeing your gouge. I would re run the wizard and not use cutter comp. ( G41 ) Using cutter comp is not for the novice and can even bite the seasond veteran on occasion.

Scott

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cutter comp.jpg  
    www.sdmfabricating.com

Scott,

Thank you for the quick reply, I did as you suggested and it cut perfectly.

I suppose my follow up question would be why the wizard would put in the cutter comp as a default? The tool number (4) is not populated in the tool table, so I don't know it that has an effect of not, since the only data it has about the tool is what's typed in when setting up the wizard? That data was 2 flute .1875" carbide endmill.

Terry

Hi Terry
    Glad you got it !
    I do not use the wizards very much and did not buy the New-Fangled suite. So I am unfamiliar with them. But cutter comp can be very useful , but also very troublesome for the novice. I would think that "Wizards" would be used more often by a novice so I too would wonder why it is the default ??? I do not know if New Fangled has any kind of support but I think it would be a good question to ask them.

Whoops forgot to add...The code you posted has the offset data included ( P0.0625 ) If you give it a P number it will use that instead of the tool table data.

Scott
    www.sdmfabricating.com

Thanks again Scott,

Now that I know it wasn't something that I did (at least not intentionally), I'll go over to the Mach 3 forum and try to run it down.

Terry

From what I can tell almost all of the wizards try to use G41/G42 with similar results. I have never been able to figure how to turn it off (in the wizards).

I'm with you, I see them in most that I've tried.

One interesting point, after I did the deletions that I mentioned earlier, I noticed I was using an older version of the wizards (2.72 vs2.86) because I reloaded the wrong version by mistake after I did the Series III upgrade. After fixing that, I still see those codes in the output of the wizard, but I cut a bunch of 1.3" holes this afternoon, and they were fine, even with the G 41's? So I guess they are OK for the simple stuff I was doing.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by MFchief View Post
    I'm with you, I see them in most that I've tried.

One interesting point, after I did the deletions that I mentioned earlier, I noticed I was using an older version of the wizards (2.72 vs2.86) because I reloaded the wrong version by mistake after I did the Series III upgrade. After fixing that, I still see those codes in the output of the wizard, but I cut a bunch of 1.3" holes this afternoon, and they were fine, even with the G 41's? So I guess they are OK for the simple stuff I was doing.

Terry
    I was having this exact same issue. Upgrading to 2.86 seems to have helped. I think it must have been a bug.