586,114 active members*
3,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Axis Drive Fault

Ok so I bought a bridgeport vmc 760/22 and every time I try to run a program on it (going through all the correct steps in the manual) the spindle starts up, but then shuts off immediately and the machine turns off the drives and gives me the old axis drive fault saying that the drives are not turned on. This is when I manually create a program file on the machine typing in by hand the sample g-code from one of the manuals. Also after I load my program and try to view it in preview mode to see if the code is any good, my screens gets all blurry and only half of the user interface that is supposed to be on the screen actually shows up when in the preview mode.

Also I have been looking through all the manuals and I can not figure out how to jog the spindle, so if anyone knows how to do that I would like to know.

If anyone has ever run into this problem and knows what is going on, I would appreciate any help.

I assume the machine homes?
    Have you set a tool offset?Have you gone to STM and entered a tool number and M06 to pick up that tool and offset? Then to STM again and entered a spindle speed and a M06?
    Then to the RUN screen, and MDI and done a feed rate move? Possibly followed by a rapid move?
    All this to step by step determine what works and what is failing you.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Axis Drive Fault

turn the jog pot to + and push escape at the same time,now the machine are in home mode