586,060 active members*
4,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Help!! Spindle on DM2400 not working!

Unhappy Help!! Spindle on DM2400 not working!

I have 2 DM2400's that have been gone through and replaced with a G540 and a smoothstepper board. The first one works very well thanks to Jeff Birt. Without his help it would not have happened. The second one has caused me some headaches. Mach3 works very well with the steppers and all other aspects except the spindle. The spindle is set to local and turned on but nothing goes on except the fan on top of the motor. I have swapped the head with my other machine. The dead head works on number1, but the head on my good one does not work on number 2. The long and short of it is that I have swapped the head and the spindle board and all works. I have had an electrician come out and help me check the power, EMI filters, Switches,and all connections, but still nothing. There was some smoke that came out from the back after I had a small short on the g540. It was the breakout board going into the Y stepper. After that I could still get my axis to move and function normally the spindle won't work.

Is the motor DC or AC?
    If the g540 is bad will that stop the spindle?
    Thanks for your help!!!

You should be able to jmp the spindle control board to test statically. I was alaways scared to assign the spindle control in Mach due to fear of grounding issues. I thought I could interface it with the G540 too but never actually tried it. Sorry I didnt see your post earlier, pm me for info on the jumper