586,612 active members*
3,482 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Work offset

Work offset

Hi, folks. When I try to edit my milling stock, my work offset options are blank, none available. Where can these be loaded? I've watched the setup videos, but can't seem to find it there or in the program help files.

Mahalo and Aloha - Dan

Look at line 258 in your post processor.

Work coordinate offset

First, thanks for the reply. Instead of 'newbie', it should be 'virgin. I'm AutoCAD proficient, and have been manually console programming my Dynapath mill for over a year, with 'conversational programming'.

As a first attempt, I've created a simple AutoCad part, opened it with Bobcad, and was trying to follow the videos to go through the 2-d machining simulation and get a post processor output.

I'm stuck on editing the milling stock with no offset options. I tried selecting a few different post processors, but no effect on the offset options.

In the Milling Machine Editor, I can select the post processor, but I don't know how to open the file and examine it by line number.

I thought there might be a way in the initial set-up options to correct this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

It's just a text file, so right clcik it and choose open or open with and select notepad. Be sure to check always use this program and then you can just double clcik it...Put 100 as the valueand see if that helps. If it still doesnt present workoffset selections in the stock edit, then attach your post processor here.

The other thing is the offset from the stock edit is a global edit. You can also set work offsets in the features edit-posting tab. First, lets get the offsets available in the post processor.

post processor

I opened the post processor in Notepad. Line 258 was set at 25 allowable offsets. I changed it to 100, opened Bobcad, but still have no work coordinate offsets available in 'milling stock edit'.

I'm pretty sure I did something stupid in the initial machine setup inside the program. I saw the 25 offsets as I was doing the setup, but all gone now.

Having trouble pasting the .millpst file here. Can paste the file into to a Word doc, but paste is not an option here. Line 258 still set at 100.

Thank you.

Create a simple BobCad program with a part and toolpath and save it. Then right click the bbcd file and choose send to-compressed zip. Do the same to the post processor you are using. Then you can attach the 2 zip files here.

First you could try to set a default machine in the CAM part-current settings area. Just set a default mori MV 40 then see if the workoffsets are available to determine if it is something to do with a corrupt machine bin.