586,114 active members*
3,279 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Torchmate > Problem with Torchmate/Lincoln Electric customer service?

Problem with Torchmate/Lincoln Electric customer service?

Problem with Torchmate/Lincoln Electric customer service? Or am I being unreasonable?

I bought my 2 x 4 Torchmate table in April of 2011. I looked it over to make sure all the major parts were there, but didn't get everything out, because I knew it was going to be a while before I built my table, and I didn't want to lose any parts.

Now it turns out I am missing a simple bracket. I called Torchmate and we found the part number for the missing part. They want $22 plus shipping for the part. I wanted them to send me the part. I realize that 22 dollars isn't much, but it's the idea that since I didn't spot the missing part within 10 days of receiving my machine, that it's my fault and my cost to get the part.

Now one person I talked to was willing to email me the file for the part, which would be great if I didn't need the part to have my machine working. I could take the file to my friends shop and cut it on his PlasmaCam table. (Which I'd video and post to youtube, A PlamaCam table making parts for Torchmate.)

I did ask to speak to a supervisor and since it was late in the day on Thursday, he was gone from his desk. So I left a voice mail with my problem and said my phone number twice so he could call me. Had the phone with me all day Friday and didn't receive any calls from Torchmate.

I went with Torchmate because I had heard they had the best in customer service.
    I'm starting to wonder.

Is a day not long enough to get a call back to me? Or it the whole idea that waiting 10 months to build my table and therefor find out about the missing part too much to expect the company that sold me the table to supply the part?

Thanks for your input.....

Do me a favor and email me your contact information. Please send it to me at [email protected]. Let me know what bracket you are missing and who you spoke with in our office. I will have the bracket sent out to you immediately at no charge.

I am sorry that you were missing a bracket. Hopefully you can understand why we have to put policies in place that limit our exposure to fraud. This clearly is not fraud, but someone was doing as they were told. We will fix it.

Thanks for your patience!

Bill Kunz

Quote Originally Posted by bill@torchmate View Post
    Do me a favor and email me your contact information. Please send it to me at [email protected]. Let me know what bracket you are missing and who you spoke with in our office. I will have the bracket sent out to you immediately at no charge.

I am sorry that you were missing a bracket. Hopefully you can understand why we have to put policies in place that limit our exposure to fraud. This clearly is not fraud, but someone was doing as they were told. We will fix it.

Bill Kunz
    Thanks Bill, I knew I just wasn't speaking to the right person to get things taken care of. I knew I was dealing with someone that was just doing as they were told. I will be emailing you with more information.

That's the customer service that I knew was with Tourchmate...

Quote Originally Posted by bill@torchmate View Post

Bill Kunz
    Now That is Customer Service at it's best.

Strange you were missing a part when Torchmate assembles and tests all units prior to packaging and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by snoeproe View Post
    Strange you were missing a part when Torchmate assembles and tests all units prior to packaging and shipping.
    I would tend to doubt that they spend that amount of time to put in every last bracket, clear down to the torch holder. Test it and then pull it back apart to ship it....

They could very easily test each motor, the rails and the gantry... But beyond that, there's little to test....

Usually Torchmates customer service is really good. I will give TM that.