586,352 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What do you intend to do with it?

Some people are successful using those boards, however there are also many tales of woe.

You may want to read the following thread (it is a long one) for more information:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...y_chinese.html

i want to build a cnc plasma with about a 4x4 table

i want to build a cnc plasma with about a 4x4 table
    Can I suggest you look at individual drivers rather than those all in one boards,simply because I've heard that the chips on those boards if driven to the max limit they tend to pop and render the board with only two axises or even one?

Not trying to put you off buying em but the net is full of information on those boards.

For comparison purposes, "winegar" used a similar controller but with higher torque motors (420 oz-in) in this build:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...4x4_table.html

You might want to compare notes over there.

im new to cnc so it a big learning curve i need help in picking the electroincs,motors etc
    what do you guys all use?
    would the kit in the link work ok?

How many motors does a plasma table use really?

This is a better kit,its supplied witha bob,better motors and drivers but lacks the 4th motor.
    3 axis Nema23 stepper motor 425oz-in& Drivers CNC controller kit Longs Motor | eBay

so if i bought the 3 axis Nema23 stepper motor 425oz-in& Drivers CNC controller kit Longs Motor | eBay that would work for my porject? if i bought will you all help with the setting up

Well anyone will help you out,thats what the sites for innit.

I don't know about plasma tables and thats why I asked how many motors? I'm only going by the link you posted detailing four motors in the package.

but the link I posted are better than the rubbish in your link. so if three motors will suffice then thats what I'd go for.

thanks so if i bought a 3 axis Nema23 stepper motor 425oz-in& Drivers CNC controller kit Longs Motor |kit from ebay.

would this be all i need to make it work minous the plasma machine and a coumputer of course?

will this kit turn of and on the plasma torch?

and lastly will this machine be able to cut circles cut names etc?

That kit is for general movement of the axises,I think that a switch mec needs applying for the torch.

Cutting is down to the torch nothing else,so if thhe torch is up to scratch then yeah it will work.

Read the plasma build link that Doorknob posted further up.

Zapp Automation

what do you all think a bout this kit is anyone using it on here-http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/cnc-driver-kit-four-axis-p-365.html?osCsid=7e11cdd489eda79e36e5ab421e2bc7a4

Quote Originally Posted by baldthreads View Post
    what do you all think a bout this kit is anyone using it on here-http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/cnc-driver-kit-four-axis-p-365.html?osCsid=7e11cdd489eda79e36e5ab421e2bc7a4
    I have no direct experience with that kit, however it appears to be quite comparable to the kit linked in post #8 above (with some minor differences).

he dosnt sell the z aixes height controler does a plasma really need this

he dosnt sell the z aixes height controler does a plasma really need this
    Heh!

You have three axises X,Y,Z I believe some Plasma tables have two Z axis stepper motors,why I don't know? but on all CNC tables a miniumum of three axises is required.
    The Z axis is not the height its the Y axis thats the height ie in a vertical plain and the Z&X axis in a horizontal plain.
    Should you require another axis then another stepper and driver can be purchased seperatly adding to the kit.

dose the plasma torch (raise and lower to metal) need a height controler

dose the plasma torch (raise and lower to metal) need a height controler
    Yes,this is the Y axis stepper,I don't think you can grasp how a CNC works?.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cGSlkjMGlE&feature=related]5'x10' Torchmate X with Thermal Dynamics Ultra-Cut 300 and Gas Box.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

The X and Y axes are the "normal" machine motion around the table, the Z axis is the torch lifting up and down. I've never seen two Z axis motors, just one for the Z and one to move the carriage across the gantry. (can be labeled X or Y depending on how you choose to orient your machine)

You need a Z axis controller to raise and lower the torch, and you need a torch height controller to adjust the torch-to-work distance during the cut for the best cut quality. Both of these are optional on some entry-level machines. You can cut without them, but cut quality and consumable life will not be as good.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by HorridHenry View Post
    This is a better kit,its supplied witha bob,better motors and drivers but lacks the 4th motor.
    3 axis Nema23 stepper motor 425oz-in& Drivers CNC controller kit Longs Motor | eBay

I checked the link, the stepper is from an unknown supplier in China.........
    If u guys want to buy good stepper from china, follow is the No.1 brand in China,
    Shenzhen Baishan Mechatronics Co., Ltd.

Dont buy cheap items even china manufacturers dont use in this field, then complain china **** product.

And even a professional CNC controller for plasma&flame cutting is below 1000 USD.....with speed factor to support all stand alone THCs on market. monitor included, u dont need to prepare computer...just plug and run..
    Fiber laser cutting machine
    http://qlaser.en.alibaba.com/