586,117 active members*
3,301 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: my machine

my machine

hi all
    ive been real busy cutting since i got my machine up and running so i decided to finally take a few minutes and post some pics of it before i get it all dirty !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machine1.jpg   machine2.jpg   parts1.jpg  

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!! The machine, the setup, the dust collection...wow.

What airplane are you building? I am really thinking of making (ie wanting to make) a Beechcraft Starship.... but will see

How are you holding down the material?

The pictures don't open up fully,,,can you check that, I like to see it more.

taus
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

Bigger pictures would be nice.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

HI guys
    i uploaded some bigger picture guys
    thanks taus for the complements i use the dust collector for vacumm hold down i took regular peg board and used the machine to drill corresponding holes in the table and had a friend in the sheetmetal business make the pan that the table sits in i hooked it up to the dust collector that you see in the photo it will hold 1/4 plywood down with no problems i cut 1/4 aircraft grade ply with a 1/8 bit .125 depth of cuts at 20 IPM i just have to watch it when it is cutting a smaller part and sometimes have to hold them down manually. but when im cutting balsa with a 1/16 bit i can cut full depth up to 1/4 inch thick at 45 IPM and there is no movement of parts with the dust collector system im using for vacumm holddown. taus im cutting out 101"ziroli B25s and soon short kits for a 75 " heinkel HE111 that uses 2-.40`s

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!
    That has to be one of the cleanest setups I have seen...MUCH cleaner then mine! What's up with that

I love the way you have it setup with the dust collector, etc. I have been thinking of getting one myself...how loud is it? The shop vac I have is just to loud to run and I don't think you can run them for an extended period of time.

Keep me posted on the airplane.

taus
    Thanks,
    tauseef
    www.cuttingedgecnc.com

hi taus
    the dust collector is quieter than the craftsman trim router im using for a spindle by a very noticeable amount! i got mine at harbor freight on sale and with a 20% off coupon for $135 then i spent another $70 on hose and fittings at woodcrafters to connect it to my machine it creates enough vacumn that if you try to remove 1/8 balsa from the table you stand a good chance of breaking it. its the 2hp industrial model they sell . i just shipped my first kit today !!! now to start cutting the HE111 kits as soon as my shipment of balsa arrives ,hopefully that will be friday it was shipped today !ive got 1 more B25 kit that will be going on sale soon on ebayif your interested , and of course 1 for myself LOL !!! now i just have to make time for building !!!

Very nice indeed! I love the whole set-up.

I didn't realize those dust-collectors were that quiet. My shop-vac is a screaming banshee too...
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Check Out My Build-Log: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6452