586,123 active members*
3,433 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > 3 in 1 Heavy duty Tablesaw, Router Table, Drum Sander

Talking 3 in 1 Heavy duty Tablesaw, Router Table, Drum Sander

I have just found a bit time to create the drawings of my heavy duty table saw which I have used over the last 5 years. Besides oil and a few bearings there was no other maintenance needed. The design was enhanced with facilities for a router and a drum sander. The leading ideas where: Sturdiness, cost effective simple design, availability of parts and integration. True, the design is ultra heavy (4 studs to carry the assembled table saw). Perhaps not easy to steal either. It’s bolted to the floor with height adjusters.

Integration was attractive to keep cost low and space requirements small. The design is kept modular so each machine, if cash and space is available, can be built separate to the full (with the max adjoining extension tables).

DXF drawings are available as download, so alterations for personal preference are possible. Measurements are not contained in the drawings but can be read out of the design and alter perhaps a little in some cases. Each unit is drawn on separate layers.

This design has a private purpose only and all rights remain with the author.

Risks must be fully understood since woodwork carry’s inherent risks and the author does not accept liability what so ever.

DXF Drawings available: [email protected]

P.s. 228 arched Router / Shaper templates DXF File (Doors, Chairs, Cupboard, Bench, Table etc.) available

Pictures?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for your info Gerry

Thanks for your info Gerry

Sorry for the delay. I have been drawing lots of templates.
    Some technical drawings can be found in the attachments. Anyhow I post an old picture of the table saw that has been shot long before the saw was modified. I further attach the DWG drawing where the saw is considerably modified. Bear in mind that the complete design is approx 700kg’s. The weight can be reduced by using other materials for the table tops than steel respectively designing the tops of the extensions as removable lay in parts. Praxis showed that sturdy equipment outperforms lightweight machinery. Sanding follows a smooth cut. I did not use a planer in years!

Some weight Info:
    - Table saw 139kg + 30kg for the motor
    - Left / right extension 61kg (top 28.4Kg included)
    - Front / Back extension 50kg (top 20kg included)
    - Fence 12kg
    - Drum sander 80kg + 30kg for the motor

The right side extension has newly been modified, so the fence can be mounted on this extension.

Attachments:BMP

P.s. The zipped DWG file size is 800KB which is bejond the upload limit. SO, send me an e-mail if you like it.

Regards Hubert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ws3.bmp  

Download some software like this.
    IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
    And then you can convert that 800Kb BMP file to a JPEG at about 70Kb.

Wink

Thanks Andre!
    I know IrfanView doe I have been talking about a already compressed DWG file and not a BMP file.

Regards Hubert