586,055 active members*
4,283 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > HELP!! Software for Isel EP-1090

HELP!! Software for Isel EP-1090

I have been a CNC machinist and programmer for over 20 years . I was recently given an Isel Automation EP-1090 3-axis machine. This machine is in perfect condition, the trouble is I received no software to control it. I have been looking for some way to engrave with it by scanning images, typing text, and controlling it from a PC . I was wondering if anyone is familier with this machine and knows of any software would be compatible with it, and if so would it do the things that I am looking for. I am just starting to get into this hobby and don't have a lot of resources at my disposal. I contacted Techno-Isel and they were of no help. I have a lot of inquiries with several software manufacturers but none have given a answer yet. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks. I posted this in the software section yesterday.

Isel 1090

You have 2 options,
    1. Buy Kay Software from here (http://www.cvtech.com.au/software/kay.htm) for about $200. Download the demo first and try it out, you can only jog with the demo, but that will tell you if the software works.
    2. As a last resort you can contact me and I could probably send you a copy of the software, IF the license allows me to.

Dan Brinkman

Dan,
    Thanks for the reply. I will try the Demo this weekend. Hopefully that will get the control end of it working. I will still have to find the design (CAD) end of it. I also have a contact at EngraveLab looking into their software for everything I was looking for. Very expensive, but if it works the way they say it does it may be worth it. If not, look for the machine on e-bay in the near future.
    Thanks again.
    Jim